Dell Computer / 17xps

I purchased the Dell 17XPS, and started having issues from the first time I used it. I have called Dell over 10 times, been on the phone with them for over 40 hours, sent my notebook off for repair once tech has been to my home 3x and the unit is still not working. Spoke to Dell's executive team some many times can not count and the unit is still not working. The last executive rep told me that I could not have another tech come to my home and I would have to send my unti to the Service Depot again, even though I paid for the extended warranty, they would not be honoring it. I have attached a letter from Dell confirming what I was told. I told Dell that I wanted to be compensated for all the time and energy that I have put into this defective product, which they have refused. All I want is another computer or my money back for it, the unit looks brand new, even the tech was impressioned with the condition, but not Dell. I will never buy another product from Dell. One more thing, I paid for the extended warranty for the repair to take place in my home and now they are wanting to renege on the contract they set forth, which I feel that I am entitled to some type of compensation for them not honoring their agreement

Dear Ms. Wells

This email is with reference to the conversation we had earlier regarding your Dell computer. I have contacted the onsite service department and requested to call you with in the next 24-48 hours’ time, to schedule an appointment for the part replacements.

As discussed, let me reiterate that if the issue on the touchpad persist after the part replacements, the next step will be to send the computer to the depot station for it its extensive diagnostics and repair. However, we will be unable to extend another onsite service (in case of failed resolution after the current onsite service) on your laptop or provide a system exchange or a refund.

If you are agreeing on the above mentioned details, please do call me on the below mentioned phone number or reply back to this email with the address for the Depot service.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any disappointment you may have experienced . That being said, we would be unable to provide you with compensation as we at Dell firmly believe in providing a resolution rather than compensation. We truly regret any inconvenience or frustration this matter may have caused.

Thanks and Regards,

Prateek Nayak

Global Executive SWAT Escalations

Dell | CSMB Customer Services

My work schedule is 9:00 am - 6:00 pm CST Monday to Friday.

Phone +[protected], Extn: 72-50021