Dell Canada / cancelled order

1 Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I placed an order for the laptop on Nov 17. It was intended as a Xmas present for my daughter but was also intended as a test of the Dell system. I will be opening a family practice/anti aging/cosmetic clinic in the next 12 months and my intention is to make it completely computer driven requiring 10-12 computers. Suffice it to say that after this experience I have no intention of ever dealing with Dell again.
The projected ship date was Dec 5. On Dec 16 after having still not received the laptop I called Dell and was informed that the order had been cancelled. According to your rep this could have been for "any one of a hundred reasons". He could give me no reason why it was cancelled.
I have now spent over three hours on hold speaking with various incompetents who keep on insisting they cannot put me through to anyone in charge, leaving voice mails that aren't returned and transferring me around multiple times including hanging up on me twice.
Now I am told that the order was cancelled for the wrong sku number whatever that means.
No one in the India Customer Care Centre (customer care - what a joke), and I spoke with nine of them could offer any kind of explanation and none of them could give me a contact number for the company in Canada. I spoke with Dell Financial to make sure I wasn't being charged for it - thankfully I'm not - and they inform me that they have no way of contacting the company in Canada.
Never again will I deal with Dell and everyone else who wishes to should be prepared for what happens if they do.
Moral: Buy locally, at least you have someone to complain to

Comments

• Ev
      11th of Nov, 2009

I am actually dealing with that right now. Mine has been cancelled not once..but twice. The first time they did give me a 30 dollar credit (woohoo eh that's big time) And now this time I got nothing. The rep said I should see it early next week but my confirmation said Dec 16. That is almost two months since I've origionally ordered it. Trying to get a hold of a complain dept. is impossible. Speaking to an english person is almost impossible. So very aggrivating I feel your pain!

• St
      3rd of Dec, 2009

Yeah, I totally agree to what all of you have been saying regarding Dell Canada's poor customer service and technical support. I solidly recommend that everyone avoid this company like the plague and take their business elsewhere!

I placed my order over a month ago and it still hasn't arrived. They never responded at all to two separate emails that I sent. And when I phoned last week, they couldn't tell me at all when the item was actually going to ship. This company has no idea at all how to properly treat customers, and they have gone steadily downhill over the past year. They also have a tendency to bounce you around from one person to the next while you wait for a long time on the other end of the phone. Well, the good news is that today I finally cancelled my order. Never again Dell, never again. You have lost my business for good.

• Ez
      7th of Dec, 2009

Dec. 7, 2009, I cancelled my order with dell that I placed on November/09. The computer was to be delivered on Dec 4th, it never came, I lost a day of work waiting on the delivery. I called Dell at 10:00am this morning, I spoke to about five different people who kept transferring me to the same department with each having a wait time about 15-20mins; most of the reps had an Indian accent. By now I am mad because I work last night and I have not slept and no one at Dell can give me a straight answer as to when my order will be shipped out; one rep said the order is still sitting in the customer care dept. This is the Canadian dell. However, the US Dell delivers at a faster rate. I got so mad I cancel my order they could not provide a confirmation number for the cancellation but the rep said to me after four hours check the status on line and it will show that it's cancelled. How can Dell company allow their customer service department to play with customers time as if our time is nothing...I am so so mad I would like to get some infor to contact the President of Dell Canada.

• Ez
      7th of Dec, 2009

I forget to mention I came off the phone about 11:30am this in regards to the above comment.