Defy Eye - Level Oven / glass in oven door shattered

1 South Africa Review updated:

My oven was bought by the builder it is 2 years old. I accidently bumped the oven door with a glass lid - the lid did not break, but the glass in the oven door shattered. I called Defy and was told by a technician the the glass shattered because it is safety glass. He refused to discuss the possibility that there may be a fault in the door since it is very unusual for an oven door to break that easily. He put the phone down when I challenged him. I have tried calling a manager at Defy without success.

Comments

• Wo
      12th of Mar, 2009

a/e service technician # 925016 out of Winter Park, Florida, did the Maytag Refrigerator Recall repair. A couple of hours after he lefy we noticed the refrigerator was not working and everything was defrosting. We called him on his cell phone, but could not reach him but left an urgend message stating our dilemma. The following day we called again and he just stated it was his day off and he could not help us, but we should call Maytag and schedule a repeat visit!!! Maytag was so overloaded when we called, the answer machine told us to call back again another day.

We called our local service technician and he scheduled us in immediately. We will send the bill and also the replacement costs for the foods to Maytag. I will NEVER buy another Maytag or other product by the same company (Frigidaire etc.) who manufactured these brand names.