DCS (Fisher & Paykel) / DCS WO-227SS wall oven
Our WO-227SS oven spontaneously burst into flames a couple of weeks ago. This was not due to any power surge or electrical wiring problem in our home. It appears that one or both capacitors exploded. Because I wanted to get compensation from DCS for a 5 yr young $4K oven for which all of the electronic components are now fried, I attempted to get guidance from FP customer service on what service contractor to call to access the damage. I got two wrong numbers. I decided to go with a service company that has serviced my high end appliances in the past and payed for a service call. As for FP, I tried email and eventually got a response that seemed reasonable. FP considered this a serious problem and I would hear from a customer service manager. I did hear. The manager wanted the model number (already provided several times), the sales receipt (I had already provided the purchase date), and the serial number. Fine. I also provided photos of the oven damage. When I finally got to speak to the customer service representative, I was shocked. She lectured me on the ins and outs of what, in general, consumers have a right to expect when their products go off warrantee and how this could hardly be a factory defect since most factory defects show up in the first year. Did I need this lecture? Did I need to provide her with the detailed information she asked for to get lectured? Steer clear of this oven, all DCS products, and FP in general. If you don't trust me, trust my local appliance dealer (who I didn't use to purchase this particular oven) who says DCS ovens have lousy service records. I'd say the same for their customer service!!
More DCS (Fisher & Paykel) Complaints & Reviews
- Fisher & Paykel DCS 5 burner stove - Defective stovetop and no way to get it repaired or replaced! 
- Fisher & Paykel Singel Drawer Dishwasher - Lemon Dishwasher - Poor Warranty Service 
- Fisher & Paykel - Blistered interior, poor performance 
- Fisher & Paykel - DO NOT BUY WASHER OR DRYER!!
- Fisher & Paykel - Rebate fraud! 
- Fisher & Paykel Appliances - service
- Fisher & Paykel Appliances - wash machine
- Fisher & Paykel Appliances - online service booking
- Fisher & Paykel - 48" range
- Fisher And Paykel Dishwasher Control Panel - Did not receive goods or refund