DCS (Fisher & Paykel) / DCS WO-227SS wall oven

1 NY, United States Review updated:

Our WO-227SS oven spontaneously burst into flames a couple of weeks ago. This was not due to any power surge or electrical wiring problem in our home. It appears that one or both capacitors exploded. Because I wanted to get compensation from DCS for a 5 yr young $4K oven for which all of the electronic components are now fried, I attempted to get guidance from FP customer service on what service contractor to call to access the damage. I got two wrong numbers. I decided to go with a service company that has serviced my high end appliances in the past and payed for a service call. As for FP, I tried email and eventually got a response that seemed reasonable. FP considered this a serious problem and I would hear from a customer service manager. I did hear. The manager wanted the model number (already provided several times), the sales receipt (I had already provided the purchase date), and the serial number. Fine. I also provided photos of the oven damage. When I finally got to speak to the customer service representative, I was shocked. She lectured me on the ins and outs of what, in general, consumers have a right to expect when their products go off warrantee and how this could hardly be a factory defect since most factory defects show up in the first year. Did I need this lecture? Did I need to provide her with the detailed information she asked for to get lectured? Steer clear of this oven, all DCS products, and FP in general. If you don't trust me, trust my local appliance dealer (who I didn't use to purchase this particular oven) who says DCS ovens have lousy service records. I'd say the same for their customer service!!

Comments

• Mo
      24th of Sep, 2009

Ditto for a DCS WO-130-SS Wall oven. No flames but parts crapping out AND a DSC Warming Draw that won't close (2nd one, same problem) AND a DCS Microwave that does work but vibrates loudly. Stay far away from DCS appliances (by the way, the fridge and the stove--Not DCS-- work just fine) Everything was installed new in 2003. The DCS problems started immediately and haven't stopped.

• Fr
      9th of Sep, 2013

ive had similar experiences with my FP double wall oven, and cannot believe they are still doing business in the USA. dangerous- known issues (mine flashed an F4 error while off) totally blew the main board. FP also no longer permits service by anyone other than their service employees (this guy showed up with NO REPAIR part and a wise ### sense of humor)
    FP = POS!

• Ph
      2nd of Oct, 2013

I couldn't be more disappointed with my Fisher & Paykel wall oven. It is only 3 years old, just past warranty and have had it serviced 4 times. this time F&P repairman can't fix the problem - it takes 40 minutes to heat to 425 degrees and won't shut off. I've been without an oven for four months. This oven wasn't cheap either - $2, 300 plus installation. terrible customer service too.

• My
      19th of Feb, 2014

Total garbage anyone planning a Dcs puchase do not do it, by far the worst buy I ever made JUNK.