Menu
Fisher & Paykel Appliances
reviews & complaints

Fisher & Paykel Appliances
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

44 complaints
7 resolved 37 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Fisher & Paykel Appliances. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
2:59 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We bought a washing machine online while we were in Europe and having our house in Australia renovated. The machine was installed in June 2018 and we returned on 29th October to settle in. I put the machine on the test rinse and it half filled, clicked off and stopped with locked door and err 105. I called F&P and the earliest tech visit was 7th November...

M
10:10 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My Reference Number for a Service Call is: 3498797 I booked a service with the company for Tuesday 2nd October and was told someone would be there between 7am - 12noon. I arranged for people to attend my house to wait for the service repair men. I phoned the company several times to ask the status of the driver. I was informed at approx. 11:15am they were...

M
7:56 pm

Fisher & Paykel Appliances - freestanding cooker

Reference Number 345 7992

I have been trying to get the oven fixed on our dual fuel freestanding cooker.

It was to be repaired on Aug 22 2018 but was advised the service reps van had broken down. It was re booked for today Aug 27

The technician arrived and looked at the cooker and said he could not do anything as it was dual fuel. He left and as he did so said I needed to contact customer relations - but no number provided

I spoke with customer relations and a message was left on my home phone that I needed to contact a gas plumber to fix the cooker. But given it is the electric oven a gas plumber cannot fix this

I then rang customer relations again and the matter is being looked into. But I still have no oven, and no idea when it is going to be fixed.

The service is a disgrace. It was booked as a dual fuel freestanding cooker, so why cant the correct technician be sent to fix it. And why am I not being updated about progress

G
8:10 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Bought a condenser dryer and washer from Fisher & Paykel in 2016. Both these devices have given me nothing but problems for two years. Similar issues occur and technicians are sent every 6 months to rectify one item or another. I have just called to raise the same issue again and been told its past warranty and out of goodwill I will need to meet them half...

3:59 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Today a technician came to my home to repair my dishwasher. He used my bathroom after completing the job. He left puddles of his urine on my bathroom floor and my toilet. what a disgusting disgrace to treat someones home like this. Needless to say, I spent $240 on the repair and then hours cleaning up after he soiled my bathroom floor and trampled it...

10:45 pm

Fisher & Paykel Appliances - service

I needed a washing machine seal fixed and your service person came and fixed it on the 20.3.18 his service was ok but we were not impressed that he left his rubbish and old part in my laundry and a container of drained water on the floor my washing machine was also left un level too so did not spin properly lucky my husband could fix that
request no 0003291548
Tuesday 20th March 2018

View 0 more photos
9:30 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Fisher and Paykel are the Fuken worst brand in the world, go [censor] yourselves for ripping people of u [censor]s, never buy from them...on that note here's what happen I Bought a fisher and Paykel wash machine for $1700Aud after 8 months the wash machine broke down. I had the technician come out he replaced the part but after 2 days it still didn't work...

7:46 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I booked an online service for my dishwasher, ref no: 0003243464 and received confirmation that it was on 01/02/18 between 7am and 12pm. Please see attached confirmation. When nobody turned up, I rang the 1300 service line and was told my appointment was for 14/02/18. Why is there a discrepancy and why is it that I'm the one that had to rearrange my day to...

View 0 more photos
L
5:32 pm

Fisher & Paykel Appliances - 48" range

Have had DCS range for 1 1/2 years...center burner ignitor went out and repairman could not get top of range off because the nuts holding on the burners, "were frozen" according to Fisher Paykel...FP instructed to "grind" the burners out and even had a video to show how to do it, obviously this had been a problem before. Repairman could not believe what he had to do to simply change an ignitor...this was over a $700 job! Ignitor was $75...Only after several nasty emails to FP, and one very nasty threatening phone call to the FP rep, did we get this covered. I am all for all of us banning together and making FP take responsibility for their defective very expensive ranges!

1:15 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I ordered a control panel for my dishwasher. I received emails saying it had been dispatched within a few hours. I never received the goods. I contacted Mr Appliance and received a reply from Ashley and said the goods had been sent. After a few days, I asked for a refund . Ashley replied, saying my credit card will be reimbursed and to keep the goods if I receive them. To date no goods and no refund.

I
11:55 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On Dec, 10, 2009 in Farmers Branch, Tx, My Fisher & Paykel Gas Clothes Dryer Caught Fire Due To A Defective Drum Bearing Assembly not Properly Lubricated. It failed and caught fire. The fire then spread, and consumed the entire house. My Wife Rosemary Webb Was KILLED due to Smoke Inhalation because of this. This was one of two Fisher & Paykel Gas Clothe...

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Our F&P washer, at two years old and $700, has had $300 in repairs. Our three year old F&P dryer, $770 has had nearly $800 in repairs. LOWES extended warranty people said they won't replace these units because it isn't "economically feasible" for them. The water pump is dying on the washer - and can't/won't be repaired until it completely dies per LOWES...

S
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought a washer on the 23rd of March from Sears and after hauling home we found out that it does not work. Sears sent a repair man out who thought he knew the problem ordered the part and told me it would arrive in a week and it did.. Turns out wrong part ordered another said will be at my house in 5 days. After I wasted my time waiting i procceded to...

R
2:21 pm

Fisher & Paykel Appliances - numerous repairs

Talk about appliances from hell and customer service to match!
Starting with the washer, I have had a drain pump, controller, diverter valve, a second drain pump and wire harness, a cold valve, a hot valve, motor controller and display board replaced. (All repairs were done over only a year's time). The washer works well now, however the dryer continues to leave black streaks on clothing. I have had the front bearing repair kit, replaced 4 times. F and P picked up the tab for parts and labor the last 2 times. Two weeks ago, the streaks showed up again. I spoke with Steve Haber, the technical services rep and he said that he would "switch out" the offending dryer for a new one. A couple days later F and P customer service called with an offer for me to buy a new dryer for $398. A new model costs $469. What happened to the free dryer? I asked if they could send me the part again and I was told "we have already spent too much on this dryer" Incredible customer service, don't you think? I spoke with Steve Haber again on August 20th, and he said not to be concerned, he would still get me a replacement. I have called back 3 times this week and he refuses to return my calls. The local appliance repair shop called me to follow up (now there's customer service). I told them what had occurred and they said they would fax Steve Haber a message to please contact me. And, they offered to sell me a new dryer (NOT a Fisher Paykel), for a nice price

B
9:51 pm

Fisher & Paykel Appliances - wall oven

Our 4 year old Fisher Paykel wall oven has been nothing but trouble. The cleaning cycle let the oven get so hot that it set off the smoke detector, exterior burned my hand while trying to turn it off, and burned the electronics so bad that it shut off the oven and left the door locked. Once the oven cooled it would not come on, nor can we open the oven. Fisher Paykel will not reply other than to say it is out of warranty. A $ 2500.00 oven lasts 4 years and nearly catches our home on fire from the cleaning cycle set by the factroy. We are persuing legal action, Others should as well.

2 comments
Jun 26, 2010 2:07 pm

Beware if your Fisher Paykel product needs service. Service and parts are hard to come by. They have only a few service companies in one of the largeest metro areas (DC). Service is slow and getting parts can take a long time if they have to come by boat from New Zealand. We have a double oven that between the srrvice company not being able to diagnose the problem, replacing the wrong parts, and then FP sending the wrong parts - it was OUT OF SERVICE FOR ALMOST 4 MONTHS! Their 800 line was pleasant enough but did nothing - did not follow up with us nor cared about the fact that we had a $3500 oven that did not work for months. Glitzy products - but BE VERY CAREFUL before you buy any Fisher Paykel products to see if they have service in your area.

Sep 02, 2009 4:41 pm

Talk about appliances from hell and customer service to match!

Starting with the washer, I have had a drain pump, controller, diverter valve, a second drain pump and wire harness, a cold valve, a hot valve, motor controller and display board replaced. (All repairs were done over only a year's time). The washer works well now, however the dryer continues to leave black streaks on clothing. I have had the front bearing repair kit, replaced 4 times. F and P picked up the tab for parts and labor the last 2 times. Two weeks ago, the streaks showed up again. I spoke with Steve Haber, the technical services rep and he said that he would "switch out" the offending dryer for a new one. A couple days later F and P customer service called with an offer for me to buy a new dryer for $398. A new model costs $469. What happened to the free dryer? I asked if they could send me the part again and I was told "we have already spent too much on this dryer" Incredible customer service, don't you think? I spoke with Steve Haber again on August 20th, and he said not to be concerned, he would still get me a replacement. I have called back 3 times this week and he refuses to return my calls. The local appliance repair shop called me to follow up (now there's customer service). I told them what had occurred and they said they would fax Steve Haber a message to please contact me. And, they offered to sell me a new dryer (NOT a Fisher Paykel), for a nice.

K
2:31 am

Fisher & Paykel Appliances - substandard product

Purchased a brand new Aquasmart Washing Machine in January 2009 and had nothing but problems. Had called for service man twice to find that the pump in the machine needs replacing. This problem has been ongoing since the first call out and was advised back then my machine was working properly even though I had clothing evidence to prove otherwise. F&P will not replace my machine will only replace pump and I would not have a problem with this if I bought it as a factory second but I paid $1000.00 for a substandard product. Whilst speaking to fisher & paykel staff in the customer care dept who advised that my part had been ordered the staff member even agreed that they would not like it if there machine was only 4 mths old and needed to be repaired yet I am expected to have my 4 month old machine repaired and to cop it sweet. Poor product, poor customer service yet you pay top $$$ for a substandard item.

1 comment
L
Sep 18, 2009 12:19 am

I also purchased a washer from Sears and after 1 year machine started to give problems, skiiping cycle, then on stopped working, Had 3 different technicians fom A& E come to the home to repair and after installing a new valve, new board, the machine still won't work. I had 3 technicians four times (same technician came twice), missed 4 days of work, I am spending $20-30 a week in the laundrymat. Fisher and Paykel refuses to replace appliance, now they want me to try a different service provider, in which three of the phones given by customer service rep. and supervisor does not not work.

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Our WO-227SS oven spontaneously burst into flames a couple of weeks ago. This was not due to any power surge or electrical wiring problem in our home. It appears that one or both capacitors exploded. Because I wanted to get compensation from DCS for a 5 yr young $4K oven for which all of the electronic components are now fried, I attempted to get guidance...

9:13 pm

Fisher & Paykel Appliances - faulty door

WELL I BOUGHT THIS FISHER & PAYKEL FRIDGE MODEL C170 FROM COURTS HOMECENTRES AND WITHIN ONE WEEK THE FREEZER DOOR DOES NOT CLOSE . DUE TO NECK PAINING COMPLAINS IT IS ABOUT 1 AND HALF MONTH AND SOME GUYS CAME TO CHANGE THE RUBBER BUT THEY BOUGHT A BIGGER RUBBER WHICH WAS FOR SOME OTHER MODEL AND FORCIBLY THEY PLACE IT IN...AND NOW THE FRIDGE LOOKS HIDEOUS ALSO THE PROBLEM EXIST...
SO GUYS IN FIJI IF YOUR THINKING OF BUYING A FISHER & PAYKEL FRIDGE MODEL C170 FRIDGE PLEASE DONT WE DONT HAVE A PROFESSIONAL BACK UP SERVICE HERE

THANKS
P.S FISHER & PAYKEL IS A GREAT BRAND ONLY THE SERVICE IS PATHETIC

K
5:33 pm

Fisher & Paykel Appliances - lemon dishwasher - poor warranty service

On November 21st 2007, I bought a Fisher & Paykel & Paykel DS603SS Single Drawer Dishwasher from Lowes. I was building a bar in my basement and needed to buy it before they began in order to template the space. The project was large in scope and included finishing 1400 sqare feet of the basement, so the dishwasher was not installed until March 21st 2008. In the interim, it set in a storage area unopened and obviously unused. When it was finally installed, I went to use it and it did not drain. After every use, water was in the dishwasher and I would have to empty the water by hand using a cup.

Since it was past 60 days from purchase (even though it was the first use) I was unable to return it to Lowe's - coupled with the fact that it was installed into the cabinetry of my new bar. I called Fisher and Paykel to get warranty service. The person on the other end of the phone was very rude and tried to tell me that it was installation or user error (I had my plumber out 3 times at my expense to make sure that all connections were proper). She then warned that she would provide warranty service information, but if it was found to be user or installation error, I would be on the hook for the charge of the service call. On April 7th, I received my 1st of 4 service calls. It was determined that the pump and motor were bad. Since F&P are in New Zealand, it took 3 weeks for parts to come. It took 3 additional trips, extra parts ordered, and general incompetence before the diswasher was in working order (today, 6/12/2008). While the service technicians were borderline incompetent, it should not have come to this - the product should not have been faulty out of the box and it should not be such a challenge for them to stick behind their products - especially when they brag about how they stand behind their products.

Do not buy this brand - if you do - hope that there are no issues that require them to stand behind their product. It has been a very challenging 3 months.

7 comments
Aug 04, 2015 1:48 am

[COMPLAINT] POOR SERVICE! I had a scheduled repair / service on my washing machine today. The service was supposed to occur between 7am and 12pm. at 12:45pm I rang customer service. They advised that there were many people off sick and the technician was running late. (my reply is why didn't someone ring me to let me know they would be late?) He would be at my house in 30 to 60 minutes. at 3:45 I rang to speak to someone to find out what was going on. I spoke to Daniel who then advised that the technician had tried contacting me but couldn't reach us. he double checked my details and everything they had was correct. He advised they could come back tomorrow as the technician went home. I advised I couldn't wait any more than what I had done today. i asked to speak to a supervisor, her name was tanya. Tanya then said the same. I said this wasn't good enough that I had taken this much time off and she agreed. She asked what I wanted and I suggested Fisher and Paykel should pay for the repairs. She said they couldn't do this, but that something should be done. I asked what and she said she couldn't make that decision now and she would be back on Thursday to let me know. Fisher and Paykel you need to seriously pick up your customer service game. This is not appropriate.

V
Jul 24, 2013 10:03 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I purchased a Fisher and Paykel dual dish drawer paid over $1300.0 for this piece of JUNK...just after the first year the support link broke cost me another $100.00 the constant leaking of water to the bottom so you get the F1 error is getting ridiculous. I contacted Fisher Paykel directly since I found out they changed the support link ( another piece of plastic) looks like computer ties...for $100.00 they will not back up their product. So disappointed in this machine! Can't wait to get rid of it...Constant flooding errors, rotor goes bad, changed it now the bottom drawer goes on all the time...and besides they are too small for 10" square plates...can't use my every day plates any more due to the small compartments. I don't care where you buy this from Fisher Paykel is not a good product...I am going back to a Whirlpool as suggested by a REPAIR service shop owner...Really a bad machine...manufacturers today just take our money for their disposal garbage and people tolerate it so for us few who complain they take their chance and keep getting richer.

I
May 26, 2010 3:02 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I live in NZ and bought an Elba dishwasher by F&P what a piece of __it How a great company like F& P could fall so low can only be the chinease ownership rip and run as per normal this machine won't clean dises and takes forevere
and of cource F&P don't want to know

U

I bought a two-drawer Fisher and Paykel dishwashers from Yale Electric in Boston in late 2003. Within weeks it started to turn itself on and would continue to cycle until we shut off the circuit breaker. Yale sent a repair person who "fixed" it at no charge because it was under warranty. Within months, it was doing the same thing. This time it cost me about $250 for Yale service folks to "repair it." Again, within months it was not working again. Yale now wants to charge me $199 for a repair person to come out and diagnose the problem - that is before any work is done. I gave up and have been doing my dishes by hand - can't afford to replace the dishwasher at this point. In talking with other repair people and appliance sales folks, they say Fisher and Paykel drawer dishwashers are junk. Yale knows this and continues to sell them. They make their money by charging people $199 to come diagnose the problem so that people, having already invested $199, will more likely go ahead with the more expensive repairs.

I bought five appliances from Yale electric at the time I purchased the Fisher and Paykel. The GE refrigerator started making a loud noise shortly after it was delivered. Yale sent a repair person who supposedly fixed the problem. The refrigerator still makes the loud annoying noise on a regular basis. I also purchased a GE double electric wall oven, which stopped working when it was 2.5 years old. Yale repair man estimated it would cost more than $500 to fix, almost half what I paid for it. When I complained to Yale about the fact that three out of the five appliances I bought from them either do not work or do not work correctly, they said I could pay $199 for them to come out and look at the first appliance and another amount for each additional appliance they come to diagnose. I finally called GE and, and although it took several phone calls, they worked with me to get the oven fixed. GE had retained a customer.
Yale has lost a customer for good. When I buy a dishwasher it will definitely not be from Yale. I will never do business with that company as long as I live. They sell appliances they have no intention of standing behind because they make a bundle in the repair business.

Sep 29, 2008 1:36 pm

I have been trying for 4 years to get one of my drawers to work. I have two. One on either side of my sink. One works beautifully and the other not so well (or not at all). After many repairs, I finally just gave up and decided that the unit looked really nice in my cabinets and we could use it to store dirty dishes. I tried one last attempt today to speak with customer service and they said since I hadn't had a service call in over a year I would have to have someone come out and call them from my house and tell them it doesn't work. I have already spent almost an entire week of my life waiting on service calls from Fisher Paykel repair people and why should I have to call them to come again so they can call customer service to tell them it doesn't work! The customer service rep. wanted to make sure I included in any blogs that they were willing to come out and look at it, but since it was not in warranty I can assume that I would have to pay someone to tell me it doesn't work! So I declined the offer and am now voicing frustations here. I do have one that works beautifully and one that is a lemon so if you purchase one make sure you purchase the longest warranty they have! The entry above said it has been 3 challenging months- try 4 challenging years!

Jul 25, 2008 5:19 am

we are on our third dishdrawer in 5 years and they are just junk! We have had several paid-for repairs, each costing more than a brand new cheaper model, no refunds for these, just reassurances that we have been unlucky... NEVER AGAIN! DO NOT BUY THIS MACHINE! Customer service is equally poor - currently no reply to emails regarding the latest breakdown - to say I am disappointed is an understatement; one equates cost to reliablity but never ever again; am going to but with a five year warranty now...have told F/p that I have posted this comment - watch this space.

Jun 24, 2008 2:45 am

Fisher and Paykel Dishwashers I agree are a pile of junk as we got given a brand new Single door Fisher and Paykel Dishwasher Model DW 60 and and after waiting for 3 weeks for missing hose parts to arrive. No we live in New Zealand and they make them here. Upon first use approx 4 screws dropped out of the outside door edge. I opened the door and wondered where the screws had got to. Upon checking I found several over screw were not holding into the panel so lack of quality control in these products. They certinaly dont stand behind there products.
Here is my posting link on You Tube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of12O0XdhOc
There are a few others there also.
After all this we took it back and exchanged it for a different make. I even note screws on this model dont secure in properly also but a far surperior machine.
So I would have to say the same thing that Fisher and Paykel is a pile of junk and aviod this brand at all costs. Oh by the way keep away from Elba as made by Fisher and Paykel. I wondered if they changed the brand name to make people think its a different make.?

12:00 am

Fisher & Paykel Appliances - terrible experience!

I am in the same boat as the two other complainants on this site. My DCS stove has not worked properly for more than a year. The simmer burners have been fluttering for longer than that, and now the ignition system never stops clicking as long as a burner is turned on. It is maddening. Also, the burners are advertised as being sealed. Yet, there is not a single gasket between them and the stove top. I have used minimal amounts of water to keep the top clean, but it has still seeped underneath, and the entire undercarriage of the stove top is rusted out. Ignition wire connectors have rusted away, and I can only really use the two rear burners--on a $4000 stove that is only three years old!

Service has been horrible, as well. The Fisher & Paykel customer service people have lovely British accents, but are totally useless. I have finally gotten them to offer to pay for replacement parts, but no labor. My local repair company (Earl B. Feiden, Kingston, NY) has been pretty useless as well, but that's somewhat off-topic.

Thing is, even if the new parts are installed, with me paying for labor, the stove will end up in the same condition very soon. Unless, of course, I never clean it. I am disappointed and saddened by this. Please do not buy anything from DCS, and by association, Fisher & Paykel.

2 comments
N
Jul 01, 2013 11:11 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have a DCS WOT-130, less than 5 years old, the oven will not get above 325 degrees at times, the repair technician says the main circuit board has to be removed, sent to FP, repaired and reinstalled as FP does not have any new circuit boards. We will be without an oven for about 10 days. The porcelain on the bottom of the oven is badly cracked, however the 10 year warranty on the porcelain does not cover this as it does not affect the operation of the oven, this makes no sense, what else would the warranty be for?. Thoroughly disgusted with DCS/ FP.

Sep 16, 2008 6:43 pm

Ive got the same trouble. I"ve bought my gaz cooking plate, a DCS, there's 2 years, and I got the same terouble with ingnition, the plastic brokes. Ive paid it 1200$ sure for that king of sheet. Never seen that
Francis