Fisher & Paykel Appliances Logo

Fisher & Paykel Appliances

Having problems with Fisher & Paykel Appliances?

800 088 6605 (United Kingdom)
1800 625 174 (Ireland)
+64 800 372 273 (New Zealand)
+61 738 269 207 (Australia)
+1 855 372 1934 (United States)
+44 190 858 8370 (Europe (United Kingdom)
+65 67 410 777 (Asia (Singapore)
15 Maurice Paykel Place East Tamaki

Asia & Singapore
150 Ubi Avenue 4, Ubi Biz Hub, № 03-01A, Singapore 408825

Complaints & Reviews

online service booking

I booked an online service for my dishwasher, ref no: [protected] and received confirmation that it was on...

Melbourne Metro Area Repair Services

48" range

Have had DCS range for 1 1/2 years...center burner ignitor went out and repairman could not get top of range off because the nuts holding on the burners, "were frozen" according to Fisher Paykel...FP instructed to "grind" the burners out and even had a video to show how to do it, obviously this had been a problem before. Repairman could not believe what he had to do to simply change an ignitor...this was over a $700 job! Ignitor was $75...Only after several nasty emails to FP, and one very nasty threatening phone call to the FP rep, did we get this covered. I am all for all of us banning together and making FP take responsibility for their defective very expensive ranges!!!

did not receive goods or refund

I ordered a control panel for my dishwasher. I received emails saying it had been dispatched within a few...

Sydney Appliances

cause house fire

On Dec, 10, 2009 in Farmers Branch, Tx, My Fisher & Paykel Gas Clothes Dryer Caught Fire Due To A Defective...

do not buy washer or dryer!!

Our F&P washer, at two years old and $700, has had $300 in repairs. Our three year old F&P dryer, $770 ha...

repair

I bought a washer on the 23rd of March from Sears and after hauling home we found out that it does not work...

numerous repairs

Talk about appliances from hell and customer service to match!!!
Starting with the washer, I have had a drain pump, controller, diverter valve, a second drain pump and wire harness, a cold valve, a hot valve, motor controller and display board replaced. (All repairs were done over only a year's time). The washer works well now, however the dryer continues to leave black streaks on clothing. I have had the front bearing repair kit, replaced 4 times. F and P picked up the tab for parts and labor the last 2 times. Two weeks ago, the streaks showed up again. I spoke with Steve Haber, the technical services rep and he said that he would "switch out" the offending dryer for a new one. A couple days later F and P customer service called with an offer for me to buy a new dryer for $398. A new model costs $469. What happened to the free dryer?? I asked if they could send me the part again and I was told "we have already spent too much on this dryer" Incredible customer service, don't you think? I spoke with Steve Haber again on August 20th, and he said not to be concerned, he would still get me a replacement. I have called back 3 times this week and he refuses to return my calls. The local appliance repair shop called me to follow up (now there's customer service). I told them what had occurred and they said they would fax Steve Haber a message to please contact me. And, they offered to sell me a new dryer (NOT a Fisher Paykel), for a nice price

wall oven

Our 4 year old Fisher Paykel wall oven has been nothing but trouble. The cleaning cycle let the oven get so hot that it set off the smoke detector, exterior burned my hand while trying to turn it off, and burned the electronics so bad that it shut off the oven and left the door locked. Once the oven cooled it would not come on, nor can we open the oven. Fisher Paykel will not reply other than to say it is out of warranty. A $ 2500.00 oven lasts 4 years and nearly catches our home on fire from the cleaning cycle set by the factroy. We are persuing legal action, Others should as well.

FrenO71 Sep 02, 2009

Talk about appliances from hell and customer service to match!!!

Starting with the washer, I have had a drain pump, controller, diverter valve, a second drain pump and wire harness, a cold valve, a hot valve, motor controller and display board replaced. (All repairs were done over only a year's time). The washer works well now, however the dryer continues to leave black streaks on clothing. I have had the front bearing repair kit, replaced 4 times. F and P picked up the tab for parts and labor the last 2 times. Two weeks ago, the streaks showed up again. I spoke with Steve Haber, the technical services rep and he said that he would "switch out" the offending dryer for a new one. A couple days later F and P customer service called with an offer for me to buy a new dryer for $398. A new model costs $469. What happened to the free dryer?? I asked if they could send me the part again and I was told "we have already spent too much on this dryer" Incredible customer service, don't you think? I spoke with Steve Haber again on August 20th, and he said not to be concerned, he would still get me a replacement. I have called back 3 times this week and he refuses to return my calls. The local appliance repair shop called me to follow up (now there's customer service). I told them what had occurred and they said they would fax Steve Haber a message to please contact me. And, they offered to sell me a new dryer (NOT a Fisher Paykel), for a nice.

Jack P Jun 26, 2010

Beware if your Fisher Paykel product needs service. Service and parts are hard to come by. They have only a few service companies in one of the largeest metro areas (DC). Service is slow and getting parts can take a long time if they have to come by boat from New Zealand. We have a double oven that between the srrvice company not being able to diagnose the problem, replacing the wrong parts, and then FP sending the wrong parts - it was OUT OF SERVICE FOR ALMOST 4 MONTHS! Their 800 line was pleasant enough but did nothing - did not follow up with us nor cared about the fact that we had a $3500 oven that did not work for months. Glitzy products - but BE VERY CAREFUL before you buy any Fisher Paykel products to see if they have service in your area.

substandard product

Purchased a brand new Aquasmart Washing Machine in January 2009 and had nothing but problems. Had called for service man twice to find that the pump in the machine needs replacing. This problem has been ongoing since the first call out and was advised back then my machine was working properly even though I had clothing evidence to prove otherwise. F&P will not replace my machine will only replace pump and I would not have a problem with this if I bought it as a factory second but I paid $1000.00 for a substandard product. Whilst speaking to fisher & paykel staff in the customer care dept who advised that my part had been ordered the staff member even agreed that they would not like it if there machine was only 4 mths old and needed to be repaired yet I am expected to have my 4 month old machine repaired and to cop it sweet. Poor product, poor customer service yet you pay top $$$ for a substandard item.

• Lu
    Luz Benner Sep 18, 2009

I also purchased a washer from Sears and after 1 year machine started to give problems, skiiping cycle, then on stopped working, Had 3 different technicians fom A& E come to the home to repair and after installing a new valve, new board, the machine still won't work. I had 3 technicians four times (same technician came twice), missed 4 days of work, I am spending $20-30 a week in the laundrymat. Fisher and Paykel refuses to replace appliance, now they want me to try a different service provider, in which three of the phones given by customer service rep. and supervisor does not not work.

dcs wo-227ss wall oven

Our WO-227SS oven spontaneously burst into flames a couple of weeks ago. This was not due to any power surge or electrical wiring problem in our home. It appears that one or both capacitors exploded. Because I wanted to get compensation from DCS for a 5 yr young $4K oven for which all of the electronic components are now fried, I attempted to get guidance from FP customer service on what service contractor to call to access the damage. I got two wrong numbers. I decided to go with a service company that has serviced my high end appliances in the past and payed for a service call. As for FP, I tried email and eventually got a response that seemed reasonable. FP considered this a serious problem and I would hear from a customer service manager. I did hear. The manager wanted the model number (already provided several times), the sales receipt (I had already provided the purchase date), and the serial number. Fine. I also provided photos of the oven damage. When I finally got to speak to the customer service representative, I was shocked. She lectured me on the ins and outs of what, in general, consumers have a right to expect when their products go off warrantee and how this could hardly be a factory defect since most factory defects show up in the first year. Did I need this lecture? Did I need to provide her with the detailed information she asked for to get lectured? Steer clear of this oven, all DCS products, and FP in general. If you don't trust me, trust my local appliance dealer (who I didn't use to purchase this particular oven) who says DCS ovens have lousy service records. I'd say the same for their customer service!!

• Mo
    Moongazer58 Sep 24, 2009

Ditto for a DCS WO-130-SS Wall oven. No flames but parts crapping out AND a DSC Warming Draw that won't close (2nd one, same problem) AND a DCS Microwave that does work but vibrates loudly. Stay far away from DCS appliances (by the way, the fridge and the stove--Not DCS-- work just fine) Everything was installed new in 2003. The DCS problems started immediately and haven't stopped.

freeport Sep 09, 2013

ive had similar experiences with my FP double wall oven, and cannot believe they are still doing business in the USA. dangerous- known issues (mine flashed an F4 error while off) totally blew the main board. FP also no longer permits service by anyone other than their service employees (this guy showed up with NO REPAIR part and a wise ### sense of humor)
    FP = POS!

• Ph
    Phyllis B. Oct 02, 2013

I couldn't be more disappointed with my Fisher & Paykel wall oven. It is only 3 years old, just past warranty and have had it serviced 4 times. this time F&P repairman can't fix the problem - it takes 40 minutes to heat to 425 degrees and won't shut off. I've been without an oven for four months. This oven wasn't cheap either - $2, 300 plus installation. terrible customer service too.

• My
    Mydcsnightmare Feb 19, 2014

Total garbage anyone planning a Dcs puchase do not do it, by far the worst buy I ever made JUNK.

faulty door

WELL I BOUGHT THIS FISHER & PAYKEL FRIDGE MODEL C170 FROM COURTS HOMECENTRES AND WITHIN ONE WEEK THE FREEZER DOOR DOES NOT CLOSE . DUE TO NECK PAINING COMPLAINS IT IS ABOUT 1 AND HALF MONTH AND SOME GUYS CAME TO CHANGE THE RUBBER BUT THEY BOUGHT A BIGGER RUBBER WHICH WAS FOR SOME OTHER MODEL AND FORCIBLY THEY PLACE IT IN...AND NOW THE FRIDGE LOOKS HIDEOUS ALSO THE PROBLEM EXIST...
SO GUYS IN FIJI IF YOUR THINKING OF BUYING A FISHER & PAYKEL FRIDGE MODEL C170 FRIDGE PLEASE DONT WE DONT HAVE A PROFESSIONAL BACK UP SERVICE HERE

THANKS
P.S FISHER & PAYKEL IS A GREAT BRAND ONLY THE SERVICE IS PATHETIC

lemon dishwasher - poor warranty service

On November 21st 2007, I bought a Fisher & Paykel & Paykel DS603SS Single Drawer Dishwasher from Lowes. I was building a bar in my basement and needed to buy it before they began in order to template the space. The project was large in scope and included finishing 1400 sqare feet of the basement, so the dishwasher was not installed until March 21st 2008. In the interim, it set in a storage area unopened and obviously unused. When it was finally installed, I went to use it and it did not drain. After every use, water was in the dishwasher and I would have to empty the water by hand using a cup.

Since it was past 60 days from purchase (even though it was the first use) I was unable to return it to Lowe's - coupled with the fact that it was installed into the cabinetry of my new bar. I called Fisher and Paykel to get warranty service. The person on the other end of the phone was very rude and tried to tell me that it was installation or user error (I had my plumber out 3 times at my expense to make sure that all connections were proper). She then warned that she would provide warranty service information, but if it was found to be user or installation error, I would be on the hook for the charge of the service call. On April 7th, I received my 1st of 4 service calls. It was determined that the pump and motor were bad. Since F&P are in New Zealand, it took 3 weeks for parts to come. It took 3 additional trips, extra parts ordered, and general incompetence before the diswasher was in working order (today, 6/12/2008). While the service technicians were borderline incompetent, it should not have come to this - the product should not have been faulty out of the box and it should not be such a challenge for them to stick behind their products - especially when they brag about how they stand behind their products.

Do not buy this brand - if you do - hope that there are no issues that require them to stand behind their product. It has been a very challenging 3 months.

• Pa
    Paul Jenner Jun 24, 2008

Fisher and Paykel Dishwashers I agree are a pile of junk as we got given a brand new Single door Fisher and Paykel Dishwasher Model DW 60 and and after waiting for 3 weeks for missing hose parts to arrive. No we live in New Zealand and they make them here. Upon first use approx 4 screws dropped out of the outside door edge. I opened the door and wondered where the screws had got to. Upon checking I found several over screw were not holding into the panel so lack of quality control in these products. They certinaly dont stand behind there products.
    Here is my posting link on You Tube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of12O0XdhOc
    There are a few others there also.
    After all this we took it back and exchanged it for a different make. I even note screws on this model dont secure in properly also but a far surperior machine.
    So I would have to say the same thing that Fisher and Paykel is a pile of junk and aviod this brand at all costs. Oh by the way keep away from Elba as made by Fisher and Paykel. I wondered if they changed the brand name to make people think its a different make.?

• Al
    alison gray Jul 25, 2008

we are on our third dishdrawer in 5 years and they are just junk!!! We have had several paid-for repairs, each costing more than a brand new cheaper model, no refunds for these, just reassurances that we have been unlucky... NEVER AGAIN!!! DO NOT BUY THIS MACHINE! Customer service is equally poor - currently no reply to emails regarding the latest breakdown - to say I am disappointed is an understatement; one equates cost to reliablity but never ever again; am going to but with a five year warranty now...have told F/p that I have posted this comment - watch this space.

• Ak
    AK Sep 29, 2008

I have been trying for 4 years to get one of my drawers to work. I have two. One on either side of my sink. One works beautifully and the other not so well (or not at all). After many repairs, I finally just gave up and decided that the unit looked really nice in my cabinets and we could use it to store dirty dishes. I tried one last attempt today to speak with customer service and they said since I hadn't had a service call in over a year I would have to have someone come out and call them from my house and tell them it doesn't work. I have already spent almost an entire week of my life waiting on service calls from Fisher Paykel repair people and why should I have to call them to come again so they can call customer service to tell them it doesn't work! The customer service rep. wanted to make sure I included in any blogs that they were willing to come out and look at it, but since it was not in warranty I can assume that I would have to pay someone to tell me it doesn't work! So I declined the offer and am now voicing frustations here. I do have one that works beautifully and one that is a lemon so if you purchase one make sure you purchase the longest warranty they have!! The entry above said it has been 3 challenging months- try 4 challenging years!

• Un
    unhappycustomer Mar 10, 2009

I bought a two-drawer Fisher and Paykel dishwashers from Yale Electric in Boston in late 2003. Within weeks it started to turn itself on and would continue to cycle until we shut off the circuit breaker. Yale sent a repair person who "fixed" it at no charge because it was under warranty. Within months, it was doing the same thing. This time it cost me about $250 for Yale service folks to "repair it." Again, within months it was not working again. Yale now wants to charge me $199 for a repair person to come out and diagnose the problem - that is before any work is done. I gave up and have been doing my dishes by hand - can't afford to replace the dishwasher at this point. In talking with other repair people and appliance sales folks, they say Fisher and Paykel drawer dishwashers are junk. Yale knows this and continues to sell them. They make their money by charging people $199 to come diagnose the problem so that people, having already invested $199, will more likely go ahead with the more expensive repairs.

I bought five appliances from Yale electric at the time I purchased the Fisher and Paykel. The GE refrigerator started making a loud noise shortly after it was delivered. Yale sent a repair person who supposedly fixed the problem. The refrigerator still makes the loud annoying noise on a regular basis. I also purchased a GE double electric wall oven, which stopped working when it was 2.5 years old. Yale repair man estimated it would cost more than $500 to fix, almost half what I paid for it. When I complained to Yale about the fact that three out of the five appliances I bought from them either do not work or do not work correctly, they said I could pay $199 for them to come out and look at the first appliance and another amount for each additional appliance they come to diagnose. I finally called GE and, and although it took several phone calls, they worked with me to get the oven fixed. GE had retained a customer.
    Yale has lost a customer for good. When I buy a dishwasher it will definitely not be from Yale. I will never do business with that company as long as I live. They sell appliances they have no intention of standing behind because they make a bundle in the repair business.

• Ia
    Ian Hodgkinson May 26, 2010

I live in NZ and bought an Elba dishwasher by F&P what a piece of __it How a great company like F& P could fall so low can only be the chinease ownership rip and run as per normal this machine won't clean dises and takes forevere
    and of cource F&P don't want to know

• Ve
    Very Unhappy customer2 Jul 24, 2013

I purchased a Fisher and Paykel dual dish drawer paid over $1300.0 for this piece of JUNK...just after the first year the support link broke cost me another $100.00 the constant leaking of water to the bottom so you get the F1 error is getting ridiculous. I contacted Fisher Paykel directly since I found out they changed the support link ( another piece of plastic) looks like computer ties...for $100.00 they will not back up their product. So disappointed in this machine! Can't wait to get rid of it...Constant flooding errors, rotor goes bad, changed it now the bottom drawer goes on all the time...and besides they are too small for 10" square plates...can't use my every day plates any more due to the small compartments. I don't care where you buy this from Fisher Paykel is not a good product...I am going back to a Whirlpool as suggested by a REPAIR service shop owner...Really a bad machine...manufacturers today just take our money for their disposal garbage and people tolerate it so for us few who complain they take their chance and keep getting richer.

• Ad
    Adam Arnold Aug 04, 2015

[COMPLAINT] POOR SERVICE! I had a scheduled repair / service on my washing machine today. The service was supposed to occur between 7am and 12pm. at 12:45pm I rang customer service. They advised that there were many people off sick and the technician was running late. (my reply is why didn't someone ring me to let me know they would be late?) He would be at my house in 30 to 60 minutes. at 3:45 I rang to speak to someone to find out what was going on. I spoke to Daniel who then advised that the technician had tried contacting me but couldn't reach us. he double checked my details and everything they had was correct. He advised they could come back tomorrow as the technician went home. I advised I couldn't wait any more than what I had done today. i asked to speak to a supervisor, her name was tanya. Tanya then said the same. I said this wasn't good enough that I had taken this much time off and she agreed. She asked what I wanted and I suggested Fisher and Paykel should pay for the repairs. She said they couldn't do this, but that something should be done. I asked what and she said she couldn't make that decision now and she would be back on Thursday to let me know. Fisher and Paykel you need to seriously pick up your customer service game. This is not appropriate.

terrible experience!

I am in the same boat as the two other complainants on this site. My DCS stove has not worked properly for more than a year. The simmer burners have been fluttering for longer than that, and now the ignition system never stops clicking as long as a burner is turned on. It is maddening. Also, the burners are advertised as being sealed. Yet, there is not a single gasket between them and the stove top. I have used minimal amounts of water to keep the top clean, but it has still seeped underneath, and the entire undercarriage of the stove top is rusted out. Ignition wire connectors have rusted away, and I can only really use the two rear burners--on a $4000 stove that is only three years old!!

Service has been horrible, as well. The Fisher & Paykel customer service people have lovely British accents, but are totally useless. I have finally gotten them to offer to pay for replacement parts, but no labor. My local repair company (Earl B. Feiden, Kingston, NY) has been pretty useless as well, but that's somewhat off-topic.

Thing is, even if the new parts are installed, with me paying for labor, the stove will end up in the same condition very soon. Unless, of course, I never clean it. I am disappointed and saddened by this. Please do not buy anything from DCS, and by association, Fisher & Paykel.

Francis Sep 16, 2008

Ive got the same trouble. I"ve bought my gaz cooking plate, a DCS, there's 2 years, and I got the same terouble with ingnition, the plastic brokes. Ive paid it 1200$ sure for that king of sheet. Never seen that
    Francis

No DCS fan Jul 01, 2013

I have a DCS WOT-130, less than 5 years old, the oven will not get above 325 degrees at times, the repair technician says the main circuit board has to be removed, sent to FP, repaired and reinstalled as FP does not have any new circuit boards. We will be without an oven for about 10 days. The porcelain on the bottom of the oven is badly cracked, however the 10 year warranty on the porcelain does not cover this as it does not affect the operation of the oven, this makes no sense, what else would the warranty be for?. Thoroughly disgusted with DCS/ FP.

terrible customer service

After using the oven once on my DCS RGT-305 it stopped working. Customer service gave me a brief list of...

blistered interior, poor performance

Inside of drawer handle blistered - was told by serviceman that dishwashing soap could not be allowed to splash on drawer... all plates etc must be excessively scraped or they do not come clean, there is a plastic "gate" (their terminology) that repeatedly falls into the propeller arm and dishes do not get clean. Water sits in mesh drain basket between loads.

• Do
    Don Ichino May 19, 2009

I purchased a Fisher & Paykel refrigerator, and checked the exterior prior to delivery. On delivery, the deliver service pointed out there was interior damage to the two runners supporting one of the glass shelves. I took delivery of the refrigerator as we could not go without the appliance. We called the appliance dealer who sent a F&P rep out to inspect the claimed damage. Nothing happened for over a week. They offered to settle for $100-150, which did not cover the cost of the delivery. After two weeks, we have ordered a replacement through the dealer. Our expectation for the settlement was in the order of $300-400 as they will now take the refrigerator and I would asssume sell it as a damaged unit. Repairs are not feasible for this kind of damage because the inside liner is seemless and would need to be removed in entirety.
    Lastly, the refrigerator is malfunctioning after 3 weeks of use and we are awaiting stop-gap service. My first-and last F&F applicance to be sure.

• Rw
    RWF Jul 02, 2009

We just had our F/P refridgerater replaced after 3 weeks, delivered with a dent and ice maker did not work. They were not interested in fixing either problem. Identical replacement refridgerater is so loud we cannot sleep. This company produces absolute junk. I would suggest that no one EVER buy their products!

• Kt
    kty 94 Aug 25, 2009

i bought a fisher & paykel clothes washer in 2006 and already the computer board needs replacing at a cost of over $300 including service fees - three years is not long for a washer to last -- my previous washer, which was a kenmore, lasted 12 years - amazing how stuff falls apart just as the warranty runs out - i wont be purchasing another

• Ji
    jimreemts May 17, 2010

I bought a OR36SDBXG1 range in March of 2010. The range was delivered damaged. the bottom of the stove is smashed in as if the stove was dropped during production. the Box and crate looked fine when delivered but the unit was clearly damaged from the factory. I have contacted Fisher/Paykel over 20 times now and have not had one person willing to help me out. The rep says this damage must have been cause by the installation of the stove being drug. I am about to take legal action against Fisher/Paykel. I will never buy another product from this company.

rebate fraud!

I bought a whole set of Kitchen appliances with a promotion of getting a rebate for the double drawer dishwasher ($1,419.00) back in July 2006. We should received the rebate within 12 weeks as the promotion stated, but it has been 30 weeks now and we still don't receive it. We have been calling Fisher & Paykel's promotion center, the rebate center (3rd party vendor they used for rebate service), and their central office since October 2006, but each time we get a promise of getting it with certain number business days. This has gone too far that we start to believe this is scam, or hook, or fraud that they don't intend to issue the rebate.

Thanks, mark.

• Ro
    Ross Larsen Sep 07, 2007

I agree, I am having gthe same issue with Fisher and Paykel, on their DCS line. We are out $1200.00 US on the rebates. While we are not months and month out, we are still very concerned. We understand that some unethical businesses use rebates as a way to attract business with no intent to pay out. They will turn a deaf ear and finally you go away and they pocket the money.

Okay, Fisher and Paykel, if you are reading this. Pay up!!! and stop hiding.

• Dr
    Drew Toner Jul 07, 2008

Those sons of ### have done the same with me.I bought appliances in 2007 and sent in my form with no results.I have called three times and keep being switched around with no results.I'll get to the bottom of this soon.

• Vh
    Vhalen Jan 10, 2010

I didn't use the rebate, but I spent $950.00 on their washing machine. It was suppose to be top of the line with a ton of money saving features. This great machine lasted four years and now the control panel AND pump went out. It will cost $500.00 plus to fix this pig. I, ll be spending my money on a Kenmore and be done with it!!!

• Sw
    sweetCARNAGE Oct 27, 2010

I just sent in the rebate paperwork and they are refusing service, mind you it's only a $75 rebate, but still.

defective stovetop and no way to get it repaired or replaced!

I purchased a DCS 5 burner stove top range 3 years ago. A few months after I bought it the center burner...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices