David's Bridal / Crappy customer service

1 Backus Rd.Danbury specifically, CT, United States Review updated:

It's not just this David's Bridal that's terrible--it's all of them! First, I ordered a dress initially without my measurements being taken. Now the thing doesn't fit. Went to exchange it and got measured... one girl greeted me when I walked in and then asked someone else to measure me and walked away. The girl she asked to measure me replied upon being asked "yeah... I guess so." Completely unenthusiastic. Slammed a pen and paper down to write the measurements. Then went to find me the size which they didn't have so she gave me a different dress to try on. Tried it, told her it fit and she just said "that's good". I said "can't you look to see if there are any in my size somewhere else in the state?" So she did and GAVE ME THE NUMBER TO CALL THE OTHER STORE!!! She didn't even call for me. I had to use my own airtime cell phone minutes!!! I asked if the dress could be shipped to the Danbury store from Manchester to save me the gas money and she said no. Then I called the Orange store to see if it could be shipped there instead and they said that David's Bridal does not ship from store to store. WHAT?! So now I have to drive 45 minutes there and 45 minutes back because the idiot that initially helped me in Danvers, Massachusetts didn't take my measurements? And the worst part about it is that David's Bridal doesn't even have a main contact line/email address to field complaints/handle customer service. BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD Business! If it comes down to me having to buy dresses from David's Bridal for my wedding I'd much rather have everyone go NUDE!

Je

Comments

• J
      27th of Sep, 2008

"First, I ordered a dress initially without my measurements being taken. Now the thing doesn't fit."

What a surprise.. you buy a dress without taking your measurements and it doesn't fit. That's -kind of- the first thing you think about when buying a dress. These dresses are not tailor made to fit each bride. Everyone's body is different. Common protocol is to make an appointment, try on the dress, make notes on where it needs to be altered, and wait for it to come in the mail if it has to be ordered. Then you take it into the store, have alterations fix it, send it off, get it back fixed. The end. It seems that you did things harder than they had to be, and you don't quite understand how to order a dress.

I haven't had any problems with davids bridal.. and I've had 4 bridesmaids successfully get their dresses back in perfect condition. My wedding gown was also received in perfect condition after alterations. So I don't know what you're talking about.

I can kind of understand your frustration, but you can't just make a generalization about ALL Davids Bridal boutiques. It's unfair.. because there are some that really do their job well.

About the unenthusiastic customer service thing... deal with a bunch of b****ing brides all day long and see how enthusiastic you are.

19th of Nov, 2008

ANYONE who wears clothes know's that every designer will have their own sizes you maybe 1 size in 1 designer and a totally different size in another!!! it is up to you to make sure the dress fits!!! which you did not do in the store that the dress was ordered the first time and who knows how long you waited to get the right size any store would have a very hard time getting the right size if the time frame is to near the wedding date.. the danbury store did what they could do for you.

8th of Apr, 2009

Rarely do businesses ship from store to store. I've worked several retail stores, and only one shipped from store to store, and that's because it was only in Southern California.

First of all, it *was* your fault that your dress didn't fit because you didn't get measured. Secondly, only alterations people can do measurements, that's their job. I just think it's a little unrealistic to expect sales associates to put on a happy face 24/7. You have no idea what these people go through, people getting mad at them for their own mistakes.

21st of Jul, 2009

You're stupid for ordering a dress when you didn't get your measurements taken first. I can't believe how dumb you were to do that. Like, I'm appalled.

Why would they ship from store to store when they can just ship to your house? And no, you didn't have to drive 45 minutes to the other store, you could have ordered it over the phone and had it shipped to your house, but I take it you probably didn't listen to them during that part.

• Ky
      17th of Aug, 2009

Davids Bridal is absolutely the most PATHETIC store I have ever been to. I will NEVER go therer for my wedding. It is run by A BUNCH OF LOW-LIFE DISORGANIZED ### THAT ARE HALF ###ED. I HOPE THE STORE IN SUNRISE FLORIDA BURNS TO THE GROUND. =)

• St
      27th of Aug, 2009
    David's Bridal - Solicitaion
    David's Bridal
    Atlanta
    Georgia

The service at David's Bridal was pretty good. HOWEVER...I had no idea that they would give out my personal cell phone number and email address to all of their vendors. I have been solicited constantly for makeup, teeth whitening...you name it. If there was something more I could do about it, I would. Getting married = scams, all across the board.

30th of Aug, 2009

Just call them and say that you want to be taken off if their contact list.

24th of May, 2010
    David's Bridal - Never got the merchandise
    David's Bridal
    Savannah
    Georgia

We ordered a dress and never got it in time .So far they are still looking for the dress that was suposed to be at the store on May 10, 2010.

• Ic
      2nd of Sep, 2010

THAT'S WEIRD SINCE THE COMPUTER WONT EVEN LET THE ORDER PROCESS UNLESS IT WILL BE THERE B4 THE EVENT DATE, WON'T EVEN LET U PAY FOR IT.I GOTTA SAY I USUALLY GET CALLS FOR DRESSES WELL B4 THEY ARE EXPECTED.

• Th
      5th of Feb, 2015

I went into the Davids Bridal in West Melbourne, FL and had a "consultant" measure me. They did not have my dress in the store in my size, so they offered to order it and promised enough time for alterations. Even the assistant manager told me there would be plenty of time, when the dress came in(which I never received a phone call, saw the email in my SPAM folder) I was then told a different story and that they wouldnt be able to alter the dress they sold me for $1000-SO I had to find a seamstress (through research since this is my wedding dress) Brought my dress and under garments to the seamstress only to be told the dress is a good 2 sizes too small.. Which baffles me seeing their consultant measured me and ordered the correct dress (So I thought)-I have had to fight with store managers and District Manager to find a resolution and are still waiting-I have also made 2 calls to the GM and have not received a return phone call. Bad customer service, consultants that do not know how to measure and employees that lie just to get the sale! I will never recommmend or refer anyone to Davids Bridal!