David's Bridal / Customer Service

Its Davids Bridal calling me when i don't need to schedule an appointment. They have been calling me nonstop during the day on my cell phone while i'm at work the past few days. I already have an appointment to pick up my dress in another week. I have had nothing but problems from them. My bridesmaid dresses didn't come in on time. i finally got two of them monday. One of my dresses is still on its way and my wedding is may 23, 2009. and, my girls need to have alterations done before the wedding. They ordered one dress in a size 8 when my cousin wears a size 2. so, now she has to get alterations done. and, thats the dress i'm waiting for. it has to be shipped to indiana where she lives. so, she will literally have two weeks to have it altered. i will never recommend davids bridal to anyone for thier wedding. all the comments i have been seeing on the internet. bad service from davids bridal. i guess you get what you pay for. no wonder the dresses are so cheap. their is always a reason. they get thier dresses from overseas somewhere. I got an apology letter from headquaters stating that they come from overseas and that is why its taking so long. i can't wait to have my appointment done and over with so i don't have to deal with them anymore. And, my dress better look good and my bridesmaids dresses better be what i ordered or their will be serious problems

Comments

• Te
      28th of Jul, 2008

A friend of mine had purchased a dress from David's Bridal about 2 years ago for a previous wedding that ended up not happening. Just recently, she met someone new and they decided to get married, when she tried on the dress it was too tight on the top because she had had a little girl. Her mother called David's Bridal and spoke to one of the managers and they only asked for the skew number for the dress and was told that she could exchange it for another dress of the same price or more expensive. When she called back to ask if it she could exchange for the original price or the markdown $99 price she was informed that she could not exchange it. She went through the customer service telephone number and was told that if one of the managers would admit that they told her that then they could exchange the dress, no problem. Of course, they screwed up and are not going to admit it. She eventually had to have the dress let out and nearly didn't get it in time. The point was that they had made a commitment and did not live up to it. David's Bridal's customer service is no where near where it should be, especially because a person's wedding day is supposed to be the happiest day of their life. They make it one big headache. I will be getting married in December and have went out of my way to avoid David's Bridal. I hope that this situation doesn't happen to anyone else.

• Ni
      24th of Nov, 2008

Seriously... would you want to go and buy a dress that was in someones closet or over two years, thinking that is was new??? Nobody has that return policy, and I don't understand why people think wedding gowns are an acception. Plus she could have gotten the dress altered at Davids Bridal and they could have done it in two days if needed... plus, most people usually need alterations done anyway if there bust size is really different from their waiste size, so she would have had to do it with another gown anyways.

Next, do you think that by avoiding Davids Bridal you're going to hurt the company? No, you are going to hurt yourself by spending way to much on a wedding gown (Designer stores and small boutiques come and buy our $99 dresses and jack up the price by the way)

Lastly, just because you had a bad experience at one store, doesn't make all of the associates bad.

8th of Apr, 2009

You're complaining that DB wouldn't return a dress over TWO years old? Seriously? Even Nordstrom doesn't have that good of a return policy.

21st of May, 2009

Just tell them not to call you, and they won't. It's as simple as that.

• Bo
      22nd of May, 2009

To anyone thinking of buying from David's bridal should read the book "Bridal Bargains". They will tell you everything you should know about them. If you know someone who is getting married, buy them this book, they will thank you.
    Plus, almost all bridal gowns and accessories are made overseas. It is hard to find some made in the USA. It is best to shop early and order everything at once. You never know when the manufacturer will change the dye lot.

• Sh
      13th of Jun, 2010

I went to david bridal in plymouth meeting pa, to pick up my dress. My dress was wrinkle and dirty. It look like someone has worn my dress already, then i didnt know u had to pay extra for the grament bag they was going to put my wedding dress in a regualar trash bag. I never been soo disappointed in my life.

• Am
      12th of Apr, 2013

I had an appointment last Thursday at David's Bridal on West Broad. My decision to visit this store was based off of a WONDERFUL experience that I had had with my sister at a David's Bridal in Roanoke, VA. This, unfortunately, did not live up to my expectations. To begin, I walked in at 6:25 PM (5 minutes early) and waiting about 5 minutes to be spoken to. Then, I was asked if I had an appointment and I confirmed, sharing my name and my appointment time. She said it would be just a moment. I waiting 15 minutes for a consultant to approach me. Not a great start. She only asked me a few questions: when was I getting married and did I have any specific dresses that I would like to try on. I told her the exact style that I was looking for, but I was getting married at the beach, so I was open to anything that would be appropriate for that destination. She sat me down with a catalogue and told me to pick out some dresses that I would like to try on. This is where the "service" ended. This consultant was, and had been, working with another bride across from where I was sitting. I barely saw her the entire evening. I just sat there waiting for her to come back and see which dresses I had chosen. In total, I had chosen about 12 dresses to try on. She was only able to find 6. No alternatives were given, no suggestions were made, and she did not even help clip my dress to help me visualize a proper fit. Bottom line: I am not sure why they even take appointments. I haven't felt that neglected in a place of business in quite a while. Needless to say, I will not be recommending this location to anyone.