Dairy Queen / poor food service

Oxford Alabama, United States Review updated:

We took our twin granddaughters to eat at DQ in Oxford, al. I ordered a mega dog with onions. Also asked for the cotton candy blizzard, in which they told me they did not have and was not getting. (Very disappointing since that is the big advertisement around here and you can't even get it.)When it was brought to table it was cold. The chili was cold and cheese wasn't even melted. Also had so much onion on it I could not eat it. All the workers was worried about is my granddaughter and if they were twins or not. Very poor service.

Vi
May 23, 2015

Comments

• Wo
      23rd of Jun, 2008
    Dairy Queen - out of product
    dairy queen
    iowa
    esthervillle

at least once a month i go in to this store and they r out of some thing say strawberries bananas waffle bowls waffle cones they r known for thier waffle treats u think they would have them on hand stawberry bananas aren't they used in alot of thinks heck long handle spoons u know what is was like eating blizzards and malts wi th a short spoon they were out of them 4 2 days

• Ab
      8th of Aug, 2008
    Dairy Queen - scamming
    Pennsylvania

When I was at Dairy Queen the other day I asked an employee how much money would be donated to the Children's Miracle Network if I purchased a blizzard. They did not have an answer for me. Also, the Dairy Queen did not have any signs promoting the sale for the children like I have seen before. I do not think that the money is going to the kids.

• Sh
      8th of Aug, 2008

The same thing happened to me too!

• Me
      10th of Aug, 2008

It's too bad that they weren't promoting it like they should be. I work at a Dairy Queen in Missouri, and we were informed upon coming in to work that day that fifty cents from every blizzard we sold was to be donated to Children's Miracle Network. We were also required to ask each customer if they would like to donate and additional dollar to the cause, and we had a lot of coupons and stuff to hand out to people. We had balloons up all over the building and, at the end of the night, started giving out the balloons to the children that came in.

• Bo
      21st of Oct, 2008

i work at a dairy queen and we run out of things like that a lot. i just wanted to let everyone know thats its not most of our faults! the manager is the one that is supposed to order our products. some weeks we are just really busy and things like spoons or bananas will run out much faster than we expect them to. please don't get mad at the employees because trust me, we are as mad as you are. the manager is the one at fault and we are the ones taking all the blame for his/her lack of responsibility.

• Br
      10th of Nov, 2008
    Dairy Queen - food and service
    2101 n eastman rd
    Longview
    Texas
    Phone: 903-753-8944

called in oder then got there to pick it up and the order was roung and i said something to the staff and they were rude to me.The food was not made right and i didnt get half of my oder and the taco's were steal and then when i called they acted like it was no big deal that stores food is nasty and does not taste right at all.

• Ge
      17th of Nov, 2008

You are obviously an idiot and apparently even the Dairy Queen people are able to recognize that.

• Da
      18th of Jul, 2009
    Dairy Queen - POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE
    DAIRY QUEEN
    FRANKLIN BLVD
    Gastonia
    North Carolina

Sorry customer service, clerks were very rude, missed up order on purpose, smarted mouthed customer. Appeared not to be clean, stay in back of shop goofing off most of the time.

• Dl
      18th of Jul, 2009

Please prove me with proof that they messed up your order on purpose.

• Ga
      10th of Aug, 2009
    Dairy Queen - Bad customer service
    Dairy Queen

I eat at store nuber #4264 this store is located in Pulaski Va. at exit 101, off of interstate 81. The place was dirty and the staff hide in the back laughing and goofing off while people was lined up to order. I ordered a chicken basket and the gravey was just warmed milk. My wifes cheeseburger was burt. This is the worst place I have eat in for a really long time.

• Kn
      27th of Sep, 2009

Not all DQ stores participate. The store I work at just recently started. So maybe they were donating any... As for my store, all proceeds are donated to the fund. The store is locally owned so that could possibly be why we donate more.

• Bo
      7th of Jun, 2011

Dairy Queen on University Pkwy Pensacola FL. Tried this location several times hoping they would get better but never did. They do not know how to package food items (ice cream) to go. Never willing to gove a sack to carry the items in. The last time I went the Blizzards were as runny as milk. Mad a comment to the server and they just shrugged it off. This location is a disgace to the Dairy Queen name.

• Mi
      26th of Jul, 2011
    Dairy Queen - Spilt Ice Cream & Sauce
    Highburry and Cheapside
    London
    Ontario
    Canada

Ordered a banana split through drive through...
    ...perhaps a bad idea on MY part, but I was not advised against it.
    AS she is handing me the container, she tells me "Becareful, its leaking" ...
    yep.. its leaking HARD, all over my car door, all over my pants.
    She KNEW this was happening BEFORE she handed it to me. I asked her for a bag, and she just left.

16th of Aug, 2011

D Q exp. Not Good! 1st off Paid for Large Blizzard of the Month. {flavors wasn't made from the Real Product 'NutterButter Cookies' so the taste was gross. 2nd The cup was less than heaping full like TV advertisement - it was actually 2" below the Rim. 3rd when I said geez glad I didn't buy the medium I'd have been dissapointed for sure. I asked 'Don't you think it should be full to the rim at least? for this is supposed to be a large' clerk said, ' yes sometimes we do fill them up all the way' and then did nothing and offered nothing NOT EVEN AN APOLIGE... I'd have been Happy w/the Large Cup, if She'd have Top it off of plain DQ Ice Cream/unblended I paid for a Large..grrr Now what makes this all so sad is I'm sick from the unsanitary conditions of how they keep there metal rims... in a dirty, ice cream slimy water pan bathe, not impressed currently Living in the bathroom STAY AWAY FROM THE Indian River, Michigan DQ unless you want this physical effect!!!

7th of Oct, 2011
    Dairy Queen - Not All Good
    Dairy Queen

My wife and I stopped in Giddings Tx. for a quick bite on our return trip from Austin. The building was modern, but dingy, dirty windows, peper towel dispenser off the wall and sitting on the sink in the mens room. I had a hamburger and to be fair, I'd rate it as "all right". My wife had cheese nachos and chicken nuggets, neither of which she could eat. Will definitely not be stopping there again!

• Le
      26th of Apr, 2012

I absolutely agree with you Toyotafan123

• Do
      13th of Jul, 2012

Poorest service around! Went here with my children to get a dipped ice cream cone. The chocolate was too hot and it did not take to one of the cones. I asked them to remake the cone. The person behind the counter, in response to a simple request and complaint tried to manhandle the other ice cream away from my children & force me to take a refund. When I refused these two people claimed to be the manager & kick us out. At this point I became angry and did say unpleasant things back to them in response to their treatment. They could have simply corrected the problem rather than disrespecting us as customers. A simple request turned into a screaming match over an ice cream cone.

• Cr
      2nd of Oct, 2012

The dairy queen in Warsaw Ky. wonder who does the hiring. Maybe a back ground check. I wouldn't eat there or have my children eat there. There is a girl in the back cooking that is a herion addict.

• Vi
      24th of May, 2015

They had concern about my granddaughter even after I left. When one of the twins cried because she could not get the cotton candy blizzard I told her to stop. She did not stop so I slapped her across the face and told her to wait outside. I told her I was fed up with her and that I hope someone kidnaps her and rapes her. Yeah she made me that angry. They were so concerned that they went behind my back, took down my license plate number and called the police on me lying and saying that I mistreated and abused my granddaughters. First of all this is a lie, and second even it it were true, it was only one granddaughter not granddaughters.