Cymax.combait and switch

cymax.com did a "bait and switch", I ordered and paid by credit card a specific all metal trestle which was 9ft x 9ft x 9ft, with a cupola top, it was to support plants and was to fit in a 9ft space, about a month later, when I was not home, a shipper dropped off in my driveway a pallet with a box containing a 4ft by 4ft rectangular, light weight pergola with a canvass top-designed to sit on a deck. My phone calls were ignored, after sending photos of what they shipped to me and the photo of what was ordered and paid for, they said the "manufacturer" says they shipped the correct product to you. After no less than 24 emails they now say to move the product out of the driveway, pay to ship it back and a "re-stock"fee and we will see if we can give you a "store credit" if there is anything left after the expenses.

Comments

• Di
      May 03, 2011

I wish I had read your complaint, and those of others who have had bad experiences with Cymax. I ordered a laptop caddy on April 10. Received order confirmation that estimated shipping t0 be between April 13 to April 15. and delivery between April 29 to May 6. April 15 came, and no e-mail indicating shipment had taken place. My last two phone calls seeking an update in status of my order have not been returned. I had selected Option #9 on Cymax's phone-menu to request a call-back rather than wait on the line...which I had done a couple of times for long periods before giving up.