Cymax Stores / Bad service

I was going to purchase a jewelry box for my daughter, who I know is picky. I made sure I could return the jewelry box if she didn't like it. Cymax had a 30 day return policy. Not exactly. Now i want to return the $46 jewelry box I got that had free outgoing shipping. From the $46 price I paid they deduct $11.50 restocking (even though I didn't even open it -- my daughter rejected it based upon the picture on the box), I have to pay $12.10 outgoing shipping, $12.00 shipping to return it. So effectively I get $10 credited back to my credit card. That is criminal!!

Ga

Comments

• Lo
      16th of Mar, 2009

I am so sorry to hear about your experience. It is just awful how this company has treated you. I probably shouldn’t be sharing this information but I have the Vice Presidents of Cymax Online Stores contact information. I would recommend calling her and complaining directly as the call centre staff is extremely unhelpful, especially the agent by the name of Maureen.

Shima J.
    Vice President & Chief Operating Officer
    Cymax Stores
    Toll Free. 1-866-740-9830 x.103
    Fax. 1-604.629-4708
    shima.j@cymax.com

• Ka
      7th of Oct, 2011

I purchased a platform bed from Cymax on August 22nd, and it is now October 7th and I still don't have a bed. I have spoken with a dozen CSR's Wayne, Stacy, Brenda, John, Richard, Amy, Alec...no one has been able to get me an answer. First they lost the bed, had no proof it was picked up by the shipping company, and no one calls to give me a status. Second, I called to cancel the order, and Brenda (very rude) never cancelled the order she issued a return, how do I return something I don't have?? Third, I was promised two weeks ago it was located and by the end of last week I would be called and a delivery date scheduled and I would have my bed no later than this Friday (today Oct. 7th) and I just got off the phone with Britanee and Alec and they still don't know where the bed is AND wont cancel my order and give me a full refund. I have spent hours on hold listening to how great their customer service is...NO WAY! This is the worst customer service experience I have ever had!

• Ba
      16th of Nov, 2011

I have a story with them as well. Waiting to be resolved because I don't want to be shat on for a nasty review. But basically it is along the same lines. My order which was supposed to consist of 2 boxes only came with one (completely unfunctional without the main piece). Ordered 10/10/11, received 10/28 only 1 box (which by the way was delivered by 3 people you wouldn't want to cross on any street in a budget rent-a-truck). Manufacturer claims to have given both boxes to shipper, so it seems the underlying problem is this shady shipping company 'Home Delivery.' The fact that Cymax has horrible customer service, never gives a clean answer, and takes weeks to respond (I have emails from supervisors where I can show you they just completely ignored me after a couple of back and forths). Definitely not worth the savings vs. going to a local store or reputable online company. The discount is definitely due to the thin and unresponsive staff and horrible choice in shipping company. After this second box is delivered (supposedly next week after cymax finally caved and re-ordered) I am going straight to any 'leadership' I can find in Cymax (internet searches show an Arash Fasihi, but I will also write to the above mentioned Shima). I will post updates here.