Curves / non-payment of wages

1 Milton, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 850-994-8833

I am a former manager of Curves under the ownership of Greg and Cindee Snow located in Pace and Milton Florida. I have had many troubles cashing paychecks due to closed accounts and also getting paid for the due wages earned. I resigned in Feb. of 2009 still being owed three pay-periods worth of paychecks. I was paid one of the three two full months later. The owner refuses to answer my calls and I have still yet to see the other two paychecks. Anyone who works for this company beware- business practices under this company are shady with customers and employees. I am also not the only one to have these troubles- at the time that I quit, there were two other employees having the same troubles. We have also heard of other former employees having trouble with their paychecks bouncing and not getting paid on time or in the due wages earned.

Comments

• St
      9th of May, 2009

I think it would be best to say... ALL Curves club are independently owned and operated. To lump all Curves into one group is silly.

I have worked for Curves for 3 years. You get out of a work out what you PUT INTO IT. And you did not gain the weight overnight, so it is safe to say it will not come off overnight.

Also to think that all one has to do is work out 30 minutes, 3 times a week and lose all kinds of weight is not right. If that was all it took, I would think everybody would be at their ideal weight...no?

I treat our member is the same way I wish to be treated. I give them my time and knowledge. I do everything possible to make sure they are trained and comfortable on the machines before I push them to work harder..

I am sorry to all of those who have had bad experiences with Curves, but please don't think, because your clubs are not up to par, that all of them are ran the same way...