Cricket/broadband / rebate

On january 4, 2009 went to the cricket store and bought a cricket broadband after reading all the small print I made copies of all the suggested paperwork they required. Much to my chagrin I payed three months in advance just so that I could receive my rebate check the company (Cricket) never recognized that fact and made me wait the actual service time. Supposively the check is in the mail and I have been waiting for it since march 10, 2009, after two weeks of waiting I tried to call the service center and could not talk to any one real, while going through the prompts on the automated system it clearly states do not try to get in touch with the company until you have waited 10 to 12 weeks for your rebate check. No telling what small print you may violate in that time!!
Cricket don't bother, there is no-one to take your call it is designed that way, when and if you do get in touch with anyone at the cricket store they do not have the expertise to answer any of your technical questions. It has been one stressed out situation after another just remember the check is in the mail

Comments

• Ba
      24th of Mar, 2009

went through the same thing with cricket and am still waiting... couple of years now still no check or apology or anything

In fact i have tried to get several rebates after meeting all the prerequisites still have yet to receive any rebate

Rebates are a scam no-one every get them

• Ev
      10th of Apr, 2009

yeah im going threw that to. they even told me that the reasone i keep getting booted off the internet(and the reasone that my internet was running slowly)was "your computer is slow and old". come to find out that when i swicth to someone eles. i dont get booted off and nether does the internet run slow becase it is NOT "MY COMPUTER".IT IS THEM THEM THEM THEM. AND I'VE YET TO GET REBATE FROM THE FIRST MODEM THAT I BOUGHT OR THE SECOUND ONE. [censored]S.THAT IS ALL THEY ARE.
    hell, POCKET is BETTER then THEM.
    AND YOU can take that to the BANK.

23rd of Jun, 2009

I understand.. I understand. I guess they put the word rebate so that they can get customers. I have a problem with the broadband service, I have a new laptop, and so that I don't have contracts, maybe I should go with my cell phone company. Here is my problem: I had service since March 3, 2009, and wanted paper mail sent to me. (Which is additional 55cent). Ok you know your phone has to "uninterrupted" for 45days. Cricket cut my broadband off May 2, 8p... The same night I called, payed $83.75, to have it on in 30mins. THAT IS NOT TRUE!!!.. It was days, and I had to go to the cricket store, because stupid cricket gave me 2 acct numbers..I have called 888 326 6178, 858 882 9999, 800 374 4538, of course no advil.. and then it hangs up after you go through the prompts... THEY ARE TRULLLY SORRY!... Sometimes I cant even connect to the internet, and have to call cricket, and when you mention, inconvenience, and can you get a few dollars knocked off the bill, they connect you to "customer service", and then the phone" mysteriously" hangs up. I am so fed up with cricket its sad how they do people. I guess you get what you pay for $40.35 a month for the broadband service.

16th of Aug, 2009

my complaint is that i sent all the required forms they asked 4 to recive a rebate only for them to tell me that i didnt send the orginal esn / upc codes witch i did. send .now iam left with copys that they wont take big scam any excuse to keep your money you do what they ask and its still not good enough . i have had service 4 three months now still no rebate and not receiving one

24th of Aug, 2009

it has been like 4 monthsi bought the broadband and i never recieved the rebate and this is not the first time i aslo have never recieved a rebate for a phone that i purchased over a year ago i think that they are a scam they make it seem like u r going to get money back when the company just lies and dont even bother i lost over 300 hundred dollars and have spent about 3, 000 on services and phones i have now just took it as a loss and changed my services

• To
      17th of Oct, 2009

I am going through the same thing as all you people. I have been waiting three months for me $50 rebate. What a /!!?&* joke! I have written to them, tried to contact them on the phone many time but failed with every attempt. I am sooooo pissed off about it. I like having the broadband but I want to give it back. I wish there was something we could do to change this situation. It isn't just about the money. It is about Cricket getting away with ripping people off.
    tori280280@yahoo.com

• Mr
      31st of Oct, 2009

I am going through the same ### with cricket...I actually went and bought the modem so I could get a rebate back...plus it was the only service I could afford at the time. I have encountered numerous problems. After 3 weeks of having my service, my broadband chip mysteriously quits working. I had to drive an hour out of town to take it to a headquarter store...the guy gives me a new modem but did not register it at the time, did not know this until after I got back home...a week goes by and no one at the technical support center helped any. I take it back and they scan the numbers in the computer, pull my file up, turns out the guy who swapped me out did not register my EIN number, so I went a week without service because of his laziness. When I asked about getting some money cut off my bill, the customer service agent told me your on prepaid there is no contracts so you cant get any money shredded off your bill. Well I am paying 40 a month to have unlimited internet, and I lost a week due to an employee error...I think I deserve a free month if you ask me. About the rebate, I sent that off the day after I got my service started, and still have not recieved it...I was told to wait 4-6 weeks, its been about 4, I guess I can wait a little longer...but checking on inquiries on my cricket for my rebate...I put my number in and they could not find it in their system...so sounds like I will not get my rebate either...seems like there is enough of us out there...can't we all get together and get a lawsuit against them for fraud, or for advertising something thats not true? give me your opinions, my email me
    madmaxx219@yahoo.com

• As
      10th of Nov, 2009

I have had my service since August 24, 2009. And it is now November 10, 2009. I have yet to hear from them about the rebate. They contacted me when my bill was due. Why can't they contact me and let me know about the rebate? All I want is my rebate.

• Em
      17th of Nov, 2009

I am in the same boat with Cricket. I bought not just one phone but two phones for my daughters and was told to send in the rebate to get back the money I paid for the phones but here I sit still waiting for my 2 $50 rebates. I guess my grandmother was right. Nothing is ever free in this world. My sister got her family of 6 phones from T Mobile after I got mine from Cricket and she got her rebate back already. Maybe I should consider it a lose and go with another carrier. Cricket gives you a certain amount of time to send in to get the rebate they should have a certain amount of time to send us the rebate back.

• Br
      27th of Mar, 2010

I will never purchase anything from Cricket as long as I live. I've also been waiting on my rebate visa, but everyone I have spoken with is to stupid to give me an answer. I HOPE SOMEOME FROM CRICKET READS THIS AND MAYBE THEY CAN QUIT F_CKING WITH PEOPLE AND GIVE THEM THEIR D_MN MONEY BACK!!! F_CKING C_NTS!!! CRICKET SUCKS A_S AND D_CK!!! DON'T PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM CRICKET. GO ON STRIKE.

24th of Feb, 2011

I understand your fustration. I counted mine as a lost, when they kept giving me the run around. If it is any consulation to you, I am still waiting on mine, and that has been how long ago...LOL... yet, the have the nerve to show commericals about cricket.. don't make me laugh...lol

• Th
      11th of Feb, 2014

I have had soooo many problems with cricket I can't begain to list them but the rebate thing i just gave up. I have 3 phones on my plan no rebate. Just forget about it!!! It ain't gonna happen...I wish it was something we all could do so they will stop the scams.