Crescent Bank & Trust / Terrible experience

United States Review updated:
Crescent Bank & Trust
This company has called my job and family members explaining that I was late only 30 days. Asked if my family members, could they help me get caught up. I had requested that the car be picked up several times and no has attempted to come and get the car yet. I no longer want to be involved or deal with a company that call and give out personal information. this should be against the law for them to do such things.

A  6th of Feb, 2009 by
it is against the law for them to give out personal payment information. as per the privacy act of 1997, they are not allowed to disclose any personal information with anyone but you or the person stated on the loan. you need to get notarized accounts of their having breached this federal law, and take them to your state's attorney general's office. you may also want to hire an attorney.
N  6th of Mar, 2009 by
They are terrible I had a 2005 Ford taurus from them I had it for eighteen months and still owed 9, 770 on it and the blue book value for the taurus was only 3, 000 my boyfriend had to co sign for me in order for me to trade the vehicle in now I'm in a 2008 suzuki jeep. crescent bank is a rip off they couldn't believe that i was able to trade the vehicle with that much negative equity, it was only because suzuki had a 4, 500 rebate and they gave me 3, 000 for the trade i had to come up with 2, 500 for a down payment but it was worth getting out of the taurus and getting into a brand new car. Not to mention my car payments for the taurus were 453.00! Please do not finance with CRESCENT BANK AND TRUST OUT OF LOUISIANA I DON'T CARE HOW BAD YOUR CREDIT IS YOU CAN DO BETTER!
A  9th of Oct, 2010 by
Crescant Bank and Trust is absolutely unprofessional. We bought a 2006 Impalla and was finance with another bank originally in 2008. Our loan was transferred to Crescant Bank a year later. We had never been late and we never had a problem with the original bank. About 7 months ago I was 3 days late on my payment and I received a phone call from one of their representative at my job. She stated that if I did not have my payment in by the next morning she was going to send someone to my house that day to collect the money. I told her not to call my job anymore and hung up the phone. The lady's name is Ms Hastings. After, I hung up with her she called back again and I told her to stop calling my job. I hung up again and she called back again, by that time I was making a call to Crescant Bank on my cell. My co-worker came to the area that I was at to tell me that I woman was on the phone telling her that she needs to speak with me because I have not paid my car payment. As my co-worker was telling me that, the lady that I was on the phone with at Crescant Bank asked me it the person was still calling. I told her yes, she stated that she will take care of the problem later but she wanted to get a post dated check for the payment before she stopped the calls (this was more crescant bull). I made the arrangement and filed a formal complaint in writing. I never received a reponse. Recently, I called to get the payout amount for my car and I was told that they could not give me that information and I asked why, they told me that I had late charges on my account. I asked her what did that have to do with me getting the payout balance for my car. She stated that they do not give out that information to anyone that has a outstanding balance on the loan. This company uses unfair practices, be careful and most of all do not use them as your finance company.
N  9th of Oct, 2010 by
A  8th of Nov, 2010 by
This is a problem seriously, the court of law needs to come down on crescent bank, a law has been past about bill collector harassing there clients, weather or not I"ll be dealing with this bank, I will be seeking action against crescent bank & trust first by writting a letter to the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, If this what it takes to stop this bulling on their part!, "TO BE CONTINUE...!
N  3rd of Dec, 2010 by
I have had issues with Crescent as well. My account was "sold" 4 different times to several "different" banks and finally Crescent now has the account again. It's a truck payment for crying out loud! Anyway, I have never been late on a payment and I was also getting harassing phone calls for no purpose at all. I agree that the people that they have working in their call center are very unprofessional! I had problems with never receiving my statements in the mail from them (since then I now have a payment book) I had to take my complaints to the BBB. Everything was rectified and I have not had a problem in 3 years except once when I called to see how much I owed to pay off the loan and the lady on the other end was a complete ignorant idiot and hung up on me. Eh, maybe she didn't know how to add. Regardless, I recommend that if you have issues, definitely take it to the BBB!