Crate And Barrel / Refund the shipping

1 United States

I recently made a purchase for a Media Stand (Bunglow) from Crate and Barrel - along with 2 small book cases. After 4 attempts CB was unable to mail me a product without damage. Every single time the corner was chipped. Even after repeated calls and assurances that the same will be addressed. After being patient with all these attempts, i offered to pick this up from the store myself but they could not give me an ETA on it. (i had already spent 4 weeks on this process by now)

I finally had my order canceled and requested a refund on the media stand and the shipping (because the whole reason i paid the shipping was for the media stand) - i could have carried the small book cases from Crate and Barrel store to my place (3 miles away) in a cab. I was assured the same will be done.

After waiting for 4 weeks i finally got a refund on my Credit card for the Media stand only. I called the customer service rep who said that because the book cases were delivered they cannot refund the shipping to me. I tried explaining to her that the whole reason i paid for shipping was for the media stand and could have gotten the book cases myself - which she said was not a valid argument as they did deliver something!!! I understand - they delivered 'something' - but that something did not need me to pay $80 in the first place...!!!

I am VERY VERY disappointed. I have spent over 2 months to unsuccessfully get a media stand from CB - and mind you they charged my Credit card the day it was ordered (So the store was sitting on my money for 10 weeks) and now i am not get a refund on shipping for the product that never arrived.

For a company that is known for its customer service i am thoroughly disappointed and feel cheated.

De