Cox Communications / I need a new hdmi cable box

1 3355 East Kimball RoadGilbert, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 480-361-5950

I bought a 42" HD1080P widescreen TV. My present cable box needs to be replaced with an HDMI box. It took forever to speak to a CSR who said the old box could be exchanged for a new one - just go to a Cox store. I'm 73 and handicapped. My nephew, who's an educated technician, offered to do this job for me. After traveling to 5 Cox Centers (Tel.# was not given to see if box is in stock), the cable box I needed wasn't available. I made 6 calls to Cox and finally spoke to a CSR who said (after checking with his supervisor), demand for an HDMI Box is so high, it will be "sheer luck" to get a box when going to a store. A customer needs to keep going back. This is unbelievable! No wait list? Who has time (and gas money)? To request a Cox tech to exchange the box at my home (with a charge), who knows when a box would be available. This Cox service is deplorable. I've had Cox for 6 years (TV/cable/internet/phone) and have been satisfied with the company. After this experience, I may decide to switch service. Can you help me with this problem? Also, please educate your CSRs to advise customers the scarcity of a box exchange. A long wait! Truth equals trust. Thank you!!!

Comments

13th of Apr, 2009

I liv in Phoenix and am currently experiencing the same difficulties. It has been three weeks now and I have been given the wrong box three times and yes they are always sorry but offer no solutions. I was told by one tech that Cox and HDMI are at odds. I think that if you are going to advertise yourselves as friends in the digital age that they should strive to be just that. I ggota tell you after this experience Cox isn't any friend of mine. I was also told that it was a hit and miss scenario that I could go back and forth 30 times without resolution. I was told they are having trouble keeping boxes and I posed the idea of getting a different supplier that could meet the demand. I am in the customer service industry and have never seen such poor customer service small or large as I experienced with Cox. I predict that the competitors will continue to grow and that Cox will start laying off people in the future. With the attitude they have towards their customers it is just a matter of time.

• Zm
      20th of Oct, 2009

I bought a new Sony 40" TV on Saturday. My Cox cable box didn't have HDMI out. I called on Sunday, and on Tuesday UPS dropped off my new HDMI cable box.

• Zm
      20th of Oct, 2009

I bought a new 40" Sony LCD on Saturday. On Sunday I called Cox asking for an exchange on my old cable box as it lacked the HDMI out port.

On Tuesday of the next week UPS dropped off my new HDMI cable box.

• Du
      9th of Feb, 2010

I worked for cox in virginia. It really sucked being yelled at twice a week because I couldn't get the HDMI boxes from the ware house. The answer I was given was that Scientific Atlanta could not make them fast enough and that the system would not work with another brand like Motorolla.

1st of Jun, 2011

cox cable really needs to change the movies on demand more often. there going to loose a lot of customers because of that. i hear from people all the time about cox cable, & how they never change the movies on demand & how its always the same movies everytime they check. my family & i are about to switch cable, so things need to change ASAP

7th of Jul, 2012

It is true. Motorola can't make them fast enough. You have more customers across the entire country wanting these across many companies. The problem is they are making them too fast. You could get a bad box. Of course a new thread will say Cox sucks because my box never works, when the fault should be with the supplier. I can smell it now...