Cox Communications / I need a new hdmi cable box
I bought a 42" HD1080P widescreen TV. My present cable box needs to be replaced with an HDMI box. It took forever to speak to a CSR who said the old box could be exchanged for a new one - just go to a Cox store. I'm 73 and handicapped. My nephew, who's an educated technician, offered to do this job for me. After traveling to 5 Cox Centers (Tel.# was not given to see if box is in stock), the cable box I needed wasn't available. I made 6 calls to Cox and finally spoke to a CSR who said (after checking with his supervisor), demand for an HDMI Box is so high, it will be "sheer luck" to get a box when going to a store. A customer needs to keep going back. This is unbelievable! No wait list? Who has time (and gas money)? To request a Cox tech to exchange the box at my home (with a charge), who knows when a box would be available. This Cox service is deplorable. I've had Cox for 6 years (TV/cable/internet/phone) and have been satisfied with the company. After this experience, I may decide to switch service. Can you help me with this problem? Also, please educate your CSRs to advise customers the scarcity of a box exchange. A long wait! Truth equals trust. Thank you!!!
More Cox Communications Complaints & Reviews
- Cox Communications - service and billing fraud 
- Cox Communications - mcafee security suite false advertisement 
- Cox Cable - hdmi connection 
- Cox Communications - 100.00 rebate 
- Cox Communications - above the law 
- Cox Communications - bungled new installation of the triple-pay package and billing for a service that I don't have
- Cox Communications - 0018501048338803. account number for jane e. buikstra, 114 e. 15th st.
- Cox Communications - channel ksn 3 in wichita ks
- Cox Communications - internet
- Cox Communications - internet service