Cox Communications / pay per view charges

I recently reviewed my cable bill and noticed a charge for a pay per view I nor my wife nor my cat had ordered. The title was “1 grl takes’em all”. I honestly had not ordered this movie. I called to complain about it and the lady told me there was nothing she could do about it. She said the only way any pay per view material could be ordered was with my remote. Also they never refunded pay per view or on demand, especially adult material. Of course at this point I could not prove that I had not ordered and watched this movie. I was going to give up but I asked if there where any more ppv orders and she said, “yes, 3 more“. Three more!! I have only lived here 4 months, that’s one a month! Each order was $12.99! So I hung up the phone and called my wife to be sure she had not ordered them. No she hadn’t. I called back ready to cancel all service (I had just canceled cable and kept internet and phone) and give them a peace of my mind. The girl that answered was polite and said that she could not reverse the charges but her manager could. Her manager gladly reversed the charges and told me she had to put a block on pay per view.

I had been charged $51.96 over four months.

There was no way to prove I had not ordered them. It was my word against hers.

Be careful!! Watch your bill!!

Comments

• Me
      7th of May, 2008

Has happened MULTIPLE times to us. Exact times when we were in the hospital, no one in the house for weeks on end. Usually adult related ones. Guilty no matter what, at mercy of cox cable. They have no reason to research why since they are getting the money and just don't care. Many of the movies ordered within minutes of each other. Malicious hacking!!!

• Gl
      26th of Jul, 2008

It was not malicious hacking. You do realize that your box is your responsibility & whether or not you want to believe it, those movies were ordered from your box. When we credit your account, we LOSE money...we have to pay for those services to the broadcasters.