Cox Communication / faulty reporting to credit bureau

1 Tucson, AZ, United States

Cox ruined my credit rating by putting on my report that I owed them 378$. They never contacted me about what they perceived to be a problem just went right for my throat oh... Uh I mean credit report. All the while keeping me as a customer of 3 years. That was 3 months ago and it is still on my credit report. They admit to being entirely at fault and promised it would be fixed within 10 days... So far nothing but they want me to keep paying for my service. I do not want to give this company another penny, I would rather have no cable than cox cable/internet but I am afraid if I cancel before the issue is resolved it will never be resolved. It is so not right that they can do this to a person and then just say so oh our bad and take their sweet time fixing (If that's what they are really doing) not an apology not a have a free month on us... Nothing! This last time the operator was totally rude so I told him to put this in his notes on my account: "i fking hate cox" and hung up. It will probably ruin my chances of clearing this up but how much is one disabled senior lady supposed to endure? Thanks for listening.

Su