Costco Wholesale Corporation

Posted: Oct 12, 2017 by

visa card not matching member name refused by cashier

Columbus, Ohio
On October 12, 2017, when we checked out at Costco store, the cashier refused a Visa card with my name on it. I was accompanied by and paying on behalf of my wife, who is a member. I am not a member as we gave the family membership to our son. We were told only a Visa card with my wife's name is acceptable, or we pay in cash. I called the manager over and he stated that he sees no problem with using my card. In fact, what is the difference between using my credit card or my cash? We have been shopping at Costco for many years in different cities and two countries and have never encountered this restriction. I reviewed the payment rules and nothing is stated about requiring the name on the Visa card to match the member name. It was embarrassing for us as it held up the line and we felt like we were somehow cheating. I do not see how this rule benefits Costco or customers, we will certainly not renew if these petty rules are enforced. Member#111872452659
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Credit Cards

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree