Costco / terrible customer service over price discrepancy

Brooklyn, NY, United States

On Wednesday, July 27, 2016, I had an altercation with a supervisor (Latasha) at the Brooklyn Costco. I had already paid for my groceries and upon checking my receipt, I noticed two discrepancies: 1) I was charged twice for my oatmeal; and 2) I was charged $23.99 for the salmon when the price sign says $22.99. I went back to the cashier to let her know and she called Latasha over to authorize a refund for the oatmeal. I also brought to Latasha's attention the price discrepancy for the salmon and she replied rudely, "This is the price set in the system." I got the feeling that she thought I was lying so I suggested that she ask one of her employees to go upstairs and double check the price sign. In response, she said, "No, I won't send anyone upstairs to check. You go and take a photo yourself." Such poor customer service; I ended up taking a photo of the sign myself and showing her before she issued me a refund for the price difference. Honestly, I could've cared less about the $1 difference if it wasn't for Latasha's rude response. I also think it's deceiving for a company as big as Costco's to put out a the price display that doesn't match with the price in the system.

Lu