Costco Online Pharmacy / terrible customer service

1 802 134th St. SwEverett, WA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-607-6861

Costco's drug prices may be cheaper, but the amount of time you'll spend on the phone because customer service reps don't follow through with what they say they will do, will leave you so frustrated, you'll gladly pay a higher price elsewhere. Your prescription has to be in your cart before they will ship it to you. But, often, you are not notified when it's "in process" and ready to be put in your cart. Days can go by in your busy life if you don't check their web site 2-3 times daily, resulting in your running low on meds.

If you have to change something on your account, DON'T ASSUME! I went online and changed my address and then a week later called and spoke to a rep because I didn't receive my meds. They shipped my meds to my old address because their website doesn't state ANYWHERE that you have to enter your address change in three different places for it to go through.

I went from being a "self-pay" customer to having medical insurance. I've spent about two hours over the past two months with customer service trying to correct mistakes for this new glitch: they have tried to charge me for prescriptions despite my insurance covering generics 100%. Now, they don't want to ship my order unless I give them my credit card number again (WHY? All my generic prescriptions are covered 100%) I will be out of medications by the time the order reaches me and who knows how many more phone calls I have to make! And, I talked to a supervisor yesterday, she promised she would correct my order and send it out. Good thing I checked today, it's still not sent out. I will be out of meds on Monday.

When you call, each phone call can take as long as 40 minutes. Try that on your lunch hour as I have been doing. The reps sound bored and uncaring when you call, even the supervisors. I think they must have all the business they need because they certainly don't act like they want to keep their customer.

I'm having my prescriptions transferred to my local pharmacy.

An

Comments

• Ki
      28th of Aug, 2009

take a cart, put some vulnerable staffs, like eggs, glass, flour in it and vandalize them while u go around in the costco and leave them inside and come out and have a cheap hot-dog and pop and go home...

3rd of Jul, 2011

Have had it with costco pharmacy here in Gig Harbor WA. They tell me they will get the prescription in on Wed, this is Monday. Go back on Wed, young Pharm TECH says the script did not come in yet and that I can come back on Friday to pick it up. I told him to give me the scripts back and he says, "oh look, it did come in and we will fill it for you." This is a 400 dollar medication so they did not want to lose the money on it. When they tell me my insurance is not going to cover it, which was not true, i tell them I will fill it at Target and to give me the prescription back. What a hassle. I take it to Target and they PHARMACIST had it filled in ten minutes. GO TARGET...Costco will NEVER get another prescription from me or my family AGAIN. And guess what...I work in a hospital and discharge patients all the time...well, you get my drift.

• Co
      6th of Aug, 2013

You see people walking around in the back and all of them have papers or a phone in their hand. No one is doing the work, i.e. counting pills, filling prescriptions. If you come in with a large order they will try and say they are out of it, or they'll spend hours trying to verify prescriptions so they can rustle feathers at the doctors office and get the prescription canceled or delayed. Pharmacist will start counting, then someone will need a consultation, and I watched one older pharmacist go back to the same task 4 times!!! Ridiculous!!!

• Co
      6th of Aug, 2013

I am also talking about Costco in Gig Harbor Washington...

• Mi
      24th of Sep, 2015

Lack of communication between customer and client, then to realize they don't take any ownership for their mistakes. Prices are good, wait times are bad.