Costco / hearing aids - employee rudeness
On 1/15/16, I took my 92 yr. old father into the Costco to get new hearing aids. The hearing aid technician that helped us was rather rude to both myself and especially my father. He assumed that because we are Asian that my father's hearing problem was not due to his current hearing aids but because of a language problem. Our family are Japanese-Americans, born and raised here in the USA. My father fount in WWII for this country. For this technician to assume that my father doesn't understand English because of the way he looks is a total insult. He also suggested that we NOT purchase the new molded hearing aids because he stated it wouldn't make a difference in my father's hearing case because of the misunderstanding of the language. This is the first time that we have ever had this kind of problem with Costco. We love Costco. All the people that work there are so up-beat and polite so that is why I was shocked when he insinuated that because of the way we look is the reason for my father's hearing problems. We will go back to get his new hearing aids but we will NOT be seeing this technician again. I hope he doesn't treat other customers the same way as we were treated.
More Costco Complaints & Reviews
- Costco - organic whole milk contains fish oil 
- Costco - using ebt card 
- Kirkland Battery - warranty on battery 
- Costco - e shield insulation 
- Costco - ridiculous policy for a change of address - rude and discrmininating customer service 
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - simply purrfect kitty litter is an extremely poor imitation of litter purrfect.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - complaint against store manager eric at the citrus heights california store
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - Refresh Skin Therapy Fruit Acid 15% Gel Peel/Skin burnt after use
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - refresh skin therapy fruit acid 15% gel peel
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - citibank card