[Resolved] Costco / food poisoning

North Miami Beach, FL, United States

To Whom it May Concern,
I am writing to address an unfortunate incident that occurred because of the food served at your North Miami Beach (#0182) store’s dining area on August 25, 2016.

At around 8:00 p.m., I ate a hotdog at your establishment (the receipt is attached). While delicious, the evening's meal had other, unfortunate, effects.

Several hours after eating the hotdog, I fell severely ill. I experienced excruciating stomach pains, a pounding headache, high fever, cramps, and I began vomiting. I went to the Emergency Room at Aventura Hospital and Medical Center where I was evaluated by Dr. Vu Tran. He diagnosed me with gastroenteritis. The only food I ate that day was the hotdog at your establishment.
I have always enjoyed the food at your store’s cafeteria, but the severity of the food poisoning caused me terrible suffering and an unexpected medical bill. Additionally, due to my sudden illness, I lost time that should have been dedicated to my work, which in turn caused me to lose out on accounts and the income those accounts would have generated. Not to mention, I lost weight from not being able to eat for a week due to the stress of the entire situation, the vomiting, and the subsequent apprehension I felt when I had the urge to eat something. In my severely weakened state, I was prevented from attending to my duties at home, the most important of which was being able to care for my 9-month old baby. I was forced to hire a babysitter to assist me with taking care of my child while I suffered through the effects of eating your contaminated food. Not being able to carry out my typical duties around the house caused quite a bit of strain and stress for the household overall.

I look forward to a response from the appropriate authority in this matter. Hopefully, you will take the gravity of my experience into consideration when you respond and, based on your response, I will have no need to confer with my lawyer to discuss a figure for compensation in this matter. I would also like to hear what you are doing to address the issue of contaminants or unhealthy cooking practices in your kitchen.

[name removed]

• Resolution statement

Remove the complain from the site. this information is confidential!

Fa