Costco Canada / gef flooring

Nanaimo, BC, Canada Review updated:

I bought some GEF Flooring (Bamboo) from Costco. The flooring arrived here in Vancouver in damaged boxes. I contacted the manufacturer via email, no response. I called and they gave me the run around for a few months. They finally sent me the flooring but charged me for shipping...I installed remaining the flooring it cracked over the past 2 months. Tried to contact them again and they told me to go through their other online company floortarget.com? What the hell does that have to do with anything? The main company has 3 names, supexbond, mga group canada and golden elite wood floors. Probably to hide behind many aliases in order to avoid fixing a claim. I have consulted an attorney regarding my disastrous floors and the manufacturers negligence to acknowledge the problem. Stay away from this bloody crap!

Comments

• El
      Jul 20, 2011

GOODFELLOW STRAND BAMBOO

If anyone is think to install Bamboo flooring – please do NOT install:
    GOODFELLOW STRAND BAMBOO sold by Home Depot and Rona
    it literally is about as durable as a Bamboo skewer. The installer laid the floor and my 20 LB dog sat down and got up and she splintered and cracked the surface through the stain and the terrible finish (her nails are short). Just walking across this floor dents and scratches it – it is total GARBAGE! It looks nice – but don’t walk on it!

I wish I found information about the product before installing and I am going to make sure no one else makes the same mistake!

• Je
      Oct 01, 2011

Hi Sandy, I work for Costco here in Ottawa. Contact Pierre at the Costco head office to voice your complaint @ Pierre.[protected]@costco.com

E-Commerce Dept. 23
    Phone: (613) 221-2089
    415 West Hunt Club Road
    Ottawa, On K2E 1C5

Jul 10, 2013

GoldenEliteFlooring Nightmare for years
    Bought 2, 500 sq ft of flooring they could not install it!
    30 day money back, 15 year warranty??? forget about it!
    Small claims court finnaly gave us 25 percent refund
    They cost us $5, 000 and years of nightmares!
    Le produit GoldenEliteFlooring : CAUCHEMAR qui a duré des années
    Nous avons prépayé pour 2500 pi car de laminé qu ils n'ont pu installer !
    Remboursement 30 jours, garantie 15 ans ? Oubliez cela
    La cour des petites créances nous a alloué 25% de remboursement !
    La corporation nous a couté 5, 000$ et des années de soucis !