Costco / rude treatment when leaving the store

One Sunday after purchasing two items we were trying to leave the store but there was an exit line of more than 25 other suckers. When we tried to go around, the door monitor grabbed the receipt from my wife and ordered her to the end of the line, and would not return the receipt. After about ten minutes of arguing she tore the receipt and threw it on the floor. We left the store never to return again. Now we have no more membership dues, it’s the best. Why pay a membership fee to be treated like crap. Now we only shop at stores without membership fees.

Va

Comments

• Je
      5th of Jun, 2008

Won't be renewing my membership. I wanted to purchase a top twin mattress but forgot the bungee cords to secure it to my car and I live a fair distance away. A salesman came up with the great idea of using stretch wrap readily available at the front to wrap the mattress thru the windows around and around. Once I bought the mattress, the manager and another salesman had a fit, said the salesman could not even help me take it out of the store never mind putting it on the car. The original salesman did stick to his word and I know got into trouble helping me put the mattress on the car and wrapping it. Well it worked like a charm and didn't move a mm. I am a single woman and nearly 60. Give me a break.

4th of Aug, 2008

When I purchase one item I wait in line like everyone else to exit the store. Why should someone buying two items not have to do the same thing?

• Do
      12th of Mar, 2009

When I purchase items, they become MINE. And it's MY time, and MY dignity. I stood in enough lines, and paid enough money. Why must the sheep defend being inspected, After being fleeced!??

• Co
      22nd of May, 2009

Hey idiot! When you leave our store we have to make sure your receipt matches your items purchased. If you would have pulled that crap at my store I would have slammed you sorry butt on the ground.

29th of Jun, 2009

costcorob idiot, it employees like you that make other people like me and everyone else on here not want to shop at costco. you dont call people idiots for having an opinion. Costco employees have bad manners, your a great example.

• Ge
      21st of Sep, 2009

I agree, I costco employee put his hand in my face and grabbed my cart when I was not aware of they're procedures. I was so unaware that they were an employee (b/c of the casual dress) I proceded to punch them in the face ... I thought he was trying to steal from me... it was an aweful situation and will never shop there again. In reality they dont even offer good discounts - its all buzz.

• Th
      27th of Jul, 2010

so buying a pair of lucky jeans for $39.99 instead of $100 is not a discount? Then I guess I don't know what a discount is.

• Ge
      3rd of Aug, 2010

youre a douche. wait in line like everyone else! what makes you so special!

• Do