Cooking Club of America / unsolicited merchandise

1 po box 3438Minnetonka, MN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-850-8202

I have repeatedly sent letters, returned merchandise, e-mailed requests to discontinue service I didn't request no response merchandise and membership information continues to arrive.

Comments

• Fe
      25th of Apr, 2011

I joined the Cooking Club of America because I liked their magazine and some of their information. Unfortunately, they continue to send me unsolicited merchandise even though I've written and told them to stop.
    According to the Distance Selling Regulations, they clearly state that if you've been sent unsolicited goods you are entitled to treat them as an unconditional gift and do with them what you choose. You are certainly not required to pay for them. Any attempt to demand payment (by threatening means or otherwise) is unlawful. Yet they continue to harass me and threated to submit the cost of a knife they sent me to a Collection Agency. I am reporting them to the Attorney General's Office in both my State and in Minnesota where they're located. BEWARE of this company!

• Am
      23rd of Jun, 2011

I too received unsolicited items. If they were to include postage paid return lables with the items, you can certainly send them back. However, the return is at your cost. I refuse to return any items they send without prepaid return posteage.

An old law professor I had used this example for such scams. Let's say someone sends you an elephant with the instructions, return it to X Company or pay $1, 000, 0000. My professor said do you think you would be required to return it? No. Let it roam around and cause all kinds of damage for X Company to repay. If you did not order it, keep it for free or let X Company deal with the consequences.

Good for you for reporting them to your state's attorney general.

• Nd
      20th of Jul, 2011

I have repeatedly asked you not to send any more cookbooks, but they keep on coming . I shall refuse or not pay for any unsolicited books I receive in the future.rsalisbury003@nycap.rr.com

15th of Oct, 2011

I did not prder any cookbook but was sent one. Plan to return it and expect credit. Am 87 years old and have an ample supply of cook books at this stage. Doo not send me any more items unsolicited.

Mary O'Donnell Act: #54558526 Billing ref. #LPQK6385