Continental Airlines / Terrible service

Was flying from PVD to SAT on June 11, stopped at Newark NJ flight 260 while waiting to board transfer flight onto flight 260 asked several times about my police dog who was on cargo, was concerned because he was acting very upset leaving PVD, nobody would let me know how he was doing. Then got onto flight 260, I had picked out my own seat which was 16A on the internet but the couple next to me had a 2 year old laying on top of his mother acting fussy so I offer the couple my window seat where I was very comfortable and needed to take a nap because I got up at 2:30am so I could arrive early to check in with the K-9 and once I arrived in San Antonio had to go straight to work at the Sheriffs Dept. NE ays I offered to let them let the the 2 yr old have my seat so the whole plane would not be disrupted by his crying not that I wanted to move I was perfectly comfortable but the airline steward white male, not the black female began to argue with me in front of everyone stating there were no other available seats, I explained I wasn't asking for a favor I was helping out the flight and he argued with me you can ask the couple next to me, 5 minutes later he came back very rudely and stated you can sit in the Isle seat, I believe it was 18 D, then I had to put up with the man to my right complaining to his wife the whole trip because he didn't want anyone sitting next to him. When that same steward came back and asked the couple to my right what they wanted to drink he completely ignored me. He was also very unprofessional with some other customers who were trying to use the restroom while he was handing out snacks shaking his head, it was just a horrible experience and the idiot next to me kept pulling his cell phone out to see who was calling and his wife kept getting on his case but the stewards who were not doing their job did not catch him. I don't think I will ever fly Continental again!

Comments

• Jk
      21st of Jan, 2009

On December 20, 2008, at 12:13 PM, I received notification from Continental Airlines, that my flight CO529, confirmation AGHMGV, due to leave Denver International Airport (DIA) at 6:25 PM for Newark International Airport, had been canceled. I was due to fly with my wife and son, to join our three daughters who had flown earlier, to New Jersey to spend Christmas with family. I was told that there were no flights until December 23. I immediately purchased three one way tickets on Frontier Airlines, at a cost of $1, 705.50 for the three of us. While we were in flight to New Jersey, at approximately 7:00 PM, Continental called my phone to tell me that flight CO 529 was reinstated and it would leave around 10:30 PM on December 20, 2008. Of course I did not recieve that message until I landed in Newark, and that was too late to be of any use to us and it was past the scheduled departure time of the canceled flight.

Tonight, January 21, 2009, I called Continental airlines, to get them to pay for my Frontier tickets, and they refused, but did offer to refund the unused portion of my original ticket, which should amount to about $538.50, which leaves me out $1, 167.00 for this event which was 100% the fault of Continental. Obviously someone was very hasty in canceling the flight in the first place. I hope that you can help me get Continental to pay for their error.

Ironically, my Frontier flight was right behind Continental Airlines flight 1404, which crashed and burned right in front of us at DIA. So I was not the only one to get burned by Continental Airlines that night.

• Mo
      3rd of Oct, 2011

Flew recently from Ohio to Los Angeles, and experienced the meanest and rudest flight attendants ever! Couldn't get over how rude they were. Will never fly Continental again.