Consumers Energy / on-line bill pay
Here is a copy of an email sent to Consumers Energy on 11/8/08 at 0845 MST:
We've moved from Michigan to Idaho, unfortunately we still own a home in Michigan, so we still have to deal with your incompetence. It's nearly impossible to contact you over the phone, and the last e-mail I sent took more than a week to get a response . . .that unfortunately had nothing to do with the question I was asking.
While we lived in Michigan, we paid our bill on-line--shortly after we moved to Idaho apparently you changed the system--we changed bank accounts, too. I have tried three time to sign up for automatic withdrawal from our Idaho bank account (the Michigan account is now closed), and each time the website tells me that I'm signed up and the next withdrawal will be on "such and such" date--that date comes and goes and no withdrawal happens. I have updated my email address with you, as well as my home address, but the only correspondence I have received is one bill (for $38) that was sent to collections.
Long story short: we're sending you a paper check via snail mail today for the $122 we currently owe you. Please start sending us a paper bill each month, as I have completely lost confidence in your website--it's full of pretty things to click on, but apparently nothing actually happens. Here, again, is my new postal address: Deleted
Also, an e-mail explaining what is wrong with your system would be appreciated (unexpected, but appreciated).
Hoping to be completely finished with Consumers Energy in the near future,
More Consumers Energy Complaints & Reviews
- Consumers Energy - Put unpaid sons gas bill on mine 
- Consumers Energy - State of mi energy draft
- Consumers Energy - meter move out 
- Consumers Energy - Paying for Someone Elses Use 
- Consumers Energy - Budget Plan Scam 
- Consumers Energy - power lines 
- Consumers Energy - unethical behavior
- Consumers Energy - overcharge for service not used.
- Consumers Energy - driver
- Consumers Energy - lack of property restorations.