Consumer Portfolio ServicesPoor Customer Service

B Review updated:

They have the worst customer services resps I have ever dealt with. I have tried to reach a Supervisor but the CSR (Richard) only hangs up on me after cursing at me, and not just once. It is clear that they are in violation of all laws regarding the Fair Debt Collection Act and the Washington State Laws that protects consumers.
As a company they have really lost sight of customer services and the ability to provide adicquite training. The threatning calls and inability to complete their jobs is the sadest for all Americans. What ever happened to respect!!! I work as a CSR (over 13 years) and would be hired for the treatment of such a customer. I can only feel sorry for this CSR (Richard) that he needs to belittle someone only to make himself feel better for the lack of ability to do his job.

Comments

• D
      Aug 18, 2009

I have my acct with CPS for two yrs, now. I had asked them to could they move my payments towards the end of the month because at the first of the month my mortgage is due and it is impossible for me to make 2 payments in one week. They refused and told me that if I couldn't handle the payment then maybe I should get them back the car(yeah right). I had paid them 3/4 of their payment by Moneygram and they told me that did not accept partial payments, but yet they did not send me my money. They have called me at work and when I call them to explain my situation they threaten to take my car. This company sucks and I will be glad to get rid of them.

• J
      Nov 23, 2009

I too have had the same exact problem with this company. I have come to the conclusion that this is a govt owned company. Because they break every law that can be broken and they are still in business, it leads me to believe that the govt set up this company to give the poorest of poor and those that struggle the most to pay their debts for whatever reason, a loan to get a car so they can continue to work. A person with a car is much more likely to be responsible then someone who doesn't have a car. If it wasn't a govt owned company there is no way they wouldn't have been sued. I would like to start a civil law suit. I would like to get everyone that has had any kind of bad experience with this company an opportunity to take part in this law suit. If you are interested in moving forward with me, please email me at [protected]@yahoo.com. In the subject line please post CPS Car issues. If you would forward me an email with what you have gone thru with this company and any contact info you feel comfortable sharing, I promise you I will do my best to expose these people in our court system. This company went into my daughters checking account a second month in a row, and took payment, even though they were told several times that they could only take one months payment. The lady then said to my daughter we will be taking next months payment as well. My daughter said no, they didn't have her permission to go in there any other time but the payment she was calling for. They went ahead and stole the money out of her account the next month without any kind of contact or permission. I too have suffered all the same phone harassment as well as having all my family members being told that they were coming to repo my car. Again, I will be shopping for an attorney and filing a class action law suit. If the govt is behind this, it needs to be exposed, if this is an American company doing business in America, then they need to abide by the laws in America and calling and threatening and stealing money from our accounts is not the way we do business in a law abiding country. Email me if you are interested in joining this civil lawsuit. [protected]@yahoo.com

• K
      Jun 08, 2010

I have been with this company for 3 years now and have had nothing but trouble..Latest being Mrs. Ramirez calling to tell me my account is in jeopardy and she needed a payment right now...Let her knwo last guy I talked to was to have made a note that he changed due dates( I as well had asked for the end of the month) low and behold the person I had talked to had not put any notes in the computer as he had stated he was. This seems to be a constant issue, no one enters anything in the computer like they say. After Mrs. Ramirez ggiving me the schoolchild dress down she discovered I was right and was all over blaming the other dude and she would make it right. I told her I wanted to talk to a supervisor and she basically told me that won't happen. She was to call me back the next day to confirm she had made changes that were to be made and get me a supervisor to talk to...No call back surprise surprise.
    Absolutley NO customer service at this c ompany

• F
      Nov 04, 2010

I have and still is having the same problem with CPS as most of you are. I too fell on hard times and tries my best to keep up with my payments. None of my payments have never been 30 days late. One reason for that is the threating phone calls that they make when the payment is late. I got a phone call today, and told the guy that I will be making a payment today as soon as the mail runs. I was an hour late for work waiting on the mail and when I called home an hour after getting to work, the mail still had not ran. I call CPS back to let them know of the situation, and he told me that I had to make the payment today. He told me that he could not put it on hold any longer. I told him that the payment is not even 30 days late yet and he said it was 21 days late. Back in July a towing company called my daughter and told her to let me know that they have an order to pick my car up that day. I had to rush home from school, breaking speed limits, so I can get that payment in before 5:oopm, which I had one hour to do coming from a 45 minute ride. CPS has harrassed me several times. I am so glad to see that this is an illegal act and I am also going to pursue action against them.