Consumer Portfolio Services Inc / Terrible service!

This is the WORST auto loan experience that I have ever had in my life. I have been cussed numerous times by these people, I have been told to "Shut my Beak", "get off my lazy ### and get a job, so that I can pay for my truck", " that I was ###", I have been off work twice this year due to back surgery and my wife was also off due to a hernia surgery and I had fallen behind, today I was called and told that I better pay the money that I owed them, which is only 1/2 of a payment and it will not be 30 days late for 7 more days or I will have my auto taken away, I could get it back by paying double payments, a $1000.00 fine and all late fees, this is after they had worked out me paying half two weeks ago and the other half later in Nov, these are the most unprofessional, rude, obnoxious people that I have ever come in contact with!! They have called my work and told other people that they were calling from the Legal Dept at CPS and that I had not paid my truck payment and that if I knew what was best for me that I would take their call,a lady named Ms. Brown has talked to me like a dog, a lady named Erica has done the same, everyone that I have had contact with in this company is RUDE!! I am seeking further action against them for slander and harassment!!!

Wc

Comments

8th of Jun, 2008

I currently have a loan with CPS I just can't wait to get rid of them. I was a little behind on my payment I sent a money order in and it just never arrived. They called at least a million times and I told them what I did. They told me that didn't matter that they didn't have payment sitting in their office. I told them to wait a few days to see if it shows up. They didn't want to hear that I finally hit my last nerve when I talked to someone from the Irvine Ca branch who told me he was sick of calling me and chasing me around that if i didn't pay HIM not just anyone he would have my car taken he knows I am at home and my car is outside. I told him that its in my garage. He told me that they will break in and get it. I told him in Penna its illegal to break and enter any building to repossess. This really P***ed him off. He told me that he wanted 6 postdated checks or he was taking my car. I told him that I had a family member that was gonna pay the note till I got situated so that I can get back on track he told me he wanted their checking account # so that he can postdate checks from their account. I told him I do not have the right to relinquish that information He then told me that I had to or I won't have a car tomorrow morning. I told him if he just wanted it that bad take it. you will receive payment tomorrow morning. The next morning he called a family friend and asked where I was at and if I was gonna make payment or was he gonna take my car. *This was a clear violation of the Privacy Act* that they sent me. I called in to another call center and they told me that CPS reserves the right to repossess a car at any time for any reason whether you are in default or not. So they are pretty much telling me that when my car is worth more than I owe they can just take it so they can make more money off of it. Go figure huh?? Anyways I am hoping to reach into the mailbox one day and see a Civil class action suit against the company I am so IN. these guys are the worst of the worst, I field complaints with the BBB and I am not the only one there is over 300 complaints with the BBB with this company. Most of them they never responded to and the BBB gives them a F in company rating. based on a scale of AA being the best F being the worst.

STAY AWAY FROM THESE ###!!! If you get offered financing through them at the dealership just get up and walk away.
    tell the salesperson to find another company or no deal...

• Pr
      20th of Aug, 2008

I hate this Company!!! Iam going to contact CNN, 60 Mins, and Date line people need to know how the Company work people!!! Iam in the same boat!!! Iam sick of it PHONE CALLS ANT WORK, HOME all hours of the day! This company need to go down. They cant treat people like this!!!

• Kh
      28th of Aug, 2008

Ok to make a really long three years short...I have had all of these experiences myself with this company. They have called neighbors...people who don't even know me and divulged info about me and my account with them. That has got to be illegal im sure. I am at my wits end but like many people don't know what to do about it. I am on the verge of telling them to just come get it. I am here for HELP!! What can I do? Where do I go with this? Im sure somebody has dealt with this. Please let me in on what I can do as I am in dire need of some assistance with these people. E-mail me any info...thanks!

• Ra
      16th of Sep, 2008

OMG!!! I am sitting here reading these comments and know exactly what everyone is going through. This company is by far the WORST, DEGRADING, INCONSIDERATE, AND APALLING people I have ever met.

We have had our vehicle financed through them for about 2 years now. At the time we had just came out of bankruptcy and didnt think we would qualify for a loan. To our amazement we did. We were estatic. Little did we know what it would be like.

I have had them call my empoloyer, references, and even my NEXT door neighbor. (all withing the same day) These people do not stop until they get what they want and they will go to what ever measure that is.

If I would have known then what I know now: NO WAY IN HELL would I ever go with or especially reccomend this company. These people are mean and nasty, and they don't care how they treat a person. I don't know how they go home at night time thinking they did a wonderful job. I have people I don't care for in this world, but I would never treat them the way they treated me.

This company needs more then an enema. I will never, ever in my lifetime reccomend this company to anyone. (Even if they change their ways, which I seriously doubt. )

• Tr
      23rd of Sep, 2008

This was the WORST FINANCE COMPANY I have ever experienced in my life. I purchased a car with a very HIGH interest rate due to my situation. I recently cleaned up my credit however, with these people if you are 1 day late THEY CALL YOU HARRASSING YOU FOR THE PAYMENT. Due to the high gas prices, I decided to try and trade the car in due to it being a gas guzzler. When I went to Car Max to trade it in, they told me it was in an accident and had previous FRAME DAMAGE. Mind you this is a car that I purchase without knowing this and is currently making payments on. So after that I had no desire to even keep the car. The salesman begin to tell me that I had agreed to a BAD deal and that I need to get out of the vehicle because it was depreciating vey fast! So I went to a dealer and purchase another vehicle and call CPS. Told them to come a get there car and that I was voluntary giving it back to them. Every since then they have been calling my JOB every second. Asking for people in my department trying to get me on the phone. One day they called my grandmother saying they were some investigators from CPS. Other times they contacted family members asking questions about me. FIRST, THEY HARRASED ME ABOUT BEING 1 DAY LATE ON THE PAYMENT. NOW THAT I TELL THEM TO COME AND GET THE CAR, THEY STILL HARRASS ME. I will never get on the phone and talk to them. These people don't know how to conduct business.

• Am
      25th of Sep, 2008

i strongly agree this loan experience has been the worst!! i had surgery in july and they repoed my car knowing that i have disability coverage. now that the disability payments have started to come in no one wants to answer the phone!! imagine that i have money for them and noone wants it!!!

• Hi
      25th of Sep, 2008

If anyone gets a voice mail on their machine that is highly rude and illegal - there is hope. I contacted 866-775-3666 (Weisberg and Associates). They are representing me versus CPS. I received several voice mails that were threatening and just plain out over the line. My attorneys said they have sued CPS several times now for these same issues.

If its an auto loan, like mine, because they are an "original" creditor they have a little more leeway than "debt collectors" and can make more calls, etc HOWEVER we as the consumers have rights.

CPS has to pay the attorneys fees, I do not.

Not only will CPS settle the case to avoid higher attorney fees, the plaintiff also receives monies if it is a successful case.

• Hi
      25th of Sep, 2008

I forgot the link to the attorney...

• Ir
      28th of Sep, 2008

Up until this year, I had never had any complaint against this company; however, it seems like they had gotten rid of the professional and courteous people and brought in a bunch of the worst and crude and unprofessional personnel I have ever had to deal with. While in the hospital they had the nerve to ask me when was I going to make my payment? Mine you I was in the hospital, had IVs in me, taking all sorts of tests and taking medication to get my blood pressure under control and these fools called me on my cell phone at the hospital! My daughter told them to leave me alone and that I would get in touch with them when I was home. Didn't do any good; they kept calling on my cell (I had it on silence) and they had put in dozens of calls on it. Most recently they have called me at the job and my supervisor told the representative that if the call wasn't regarding company business, then the personal call need to be dealt with at home and not on company time. The representative told her that it was company business, and she told him it was not "our" company business and politely told him to either stop calling or get hit with a suit. It didn't matter to him because he claimed that I was late paying on my car note. Now this car is an '03 focus that I bought used in '05. The montly payment is $327. and my payments are due the 24th of each month. However, they are telling me that they changed it to the 1st of the month and I'm now 45 days behind. My credit counselor has contacted them and told them they would now deal with him and if they kept harassing me at home and work that he had no choice but to file a complaint against them through the Federal Trade Commission and our local state Attorney General's office. These people are off the hook! They have called me at all hours. Well I have their number block in my cell and home phone and my daughters have done the same. So now they will have to deal with my credit counselor. I recommend that if you need a car and have risky credit, go to a buy here, pay here lot where you pay on your car bi-weekly at payments you can afford and basically they are payday payments. You can even get them deducted from your paycheck directly. Oh lastly, CPS told me that they would make sure that my credit would be messed up. I told them that why should I worry about that when it's going to take me and others like me to bail the rich boys out of the mess. I then told him to have a nice day. Oh yeah, they will always tell you that they're coming to get the car, but if I don't have it, I don't pay for it.

• Li
      2nd of Oct, 2008

cps buys loan with bad credit. You are lucky that any one financed you on your crapy credit. By the way you pay your bills no one will ever finance you again. You had bad credit before you got that truck. And it seams you still dont pay your bills. People like you, make bad market.*** stop using the gov. for money and get a job you can do. as well for your lazzy wife

• Ta
      17th of Oct, 2008

i had my name slandered by consumer profolio service also.they have told staffing i owe money on my truck. i have been on medical leave a couple of times since i have had the truck.what should i do. thanks...

• Be
      2nd of Nov, 2008

I have had the calls & threats from cps. I feel they have charged all kinds of fees undue. I have had the vehicle over a year and still owe them as much as day one. them and Sears are two peas in a pot. I want to know how we all can get together and sue them for all the harassment and thief. They need to
    go down for the sake of all those yet to be taken by them.

• Ji
      3rd of Nov, 2008

I too agree with everyone about CPS. I am now unemployed. They call my home threatning me.They tell me if I dont pay my car note they will call the police and report the car stolen. They call my home and relatives trying to get info on me. I told them once that they can come and pick the vehicle up because I cant pay for it;but they never came. I just stop answering their calls when they call. I let my answering machine pick it up for me. I save the messages on my machine to show proof that they constantly call my home. Enventually I will have enough saved messages to sue them for the harassing calls.

• Ph
      9th of Nov, 2008

I know everyone's pain dealing with these ###s and ### called CPS. I financed a 2005 Hyundai Elantra through them not knowing what I was in store for. It's been absolute HELL with these people and yes they are VERY RUDE! My advice to everyone is to try and get a copy of your contract and get on board with someone else! CPS is a company who finance people with not the greatest credit(No offense to anyone) for an outrageous interest/payment amount and then screw you over to make your credit even worse and call with threats to garnish wages, and repo your vehicle.

• Li
      11th of Nov, 2008

I had a rep from there office call my fathers house and tell them i was 2 months behind and i was driving around in a 25 thousand doller car for free i was 2 weeks behind and when i called to complain what he did iwas told do you have this on recording !!! Go figure From the sounds of all the complaints here they do this all the time who needs a recording?

• Lu
      17th of Nov, 2008

if not for CPS none of you would not be driving your car.

• Mo
      19th of Nov, 2008

Thank God I thought I was the only one!!!These people are the rudest people I have ever talk to on the phone. It is unbelievable the way they talk to customers it's almost like a crank call.I was late and this idiot Erica called my while I was on summer vacation and told me I needed to get in my car drive it home and leave it in the driveway for it to be picked up, I laughed at her and said thats not going to happen and you can Ki$$ my A$$ and even though I 'm late on my payment I probably make more money then you!!!They really act like it's costing them as employees maybe they get commission or something cause they are really but hurt about a car payment being late!!!

• Ra
      25th of Nov, 2008

Again people, google Weisberg and Associates. They sue CPS all the time. We won our case. Not only did I win my case, but they dropped the $3500 I had left on my car and paid $2500 extra. After the attorney's fees, I pocketed $500.

Just because we have sub par credit does NOT mean you have to live being threatened by these people. They work for US. Without our bad credit, they wouldn't have jobs because there would be no 3rd part financing company. They dont have enough class to work for the good banks. That's why they settle for companies like CPS.

If you get told they are coming to pick your vehicle up and to leave it in the driveway..
    if you get told that you are abandoning your responsibilities..
    If you get calls on a daily basis harrassing you...

Call these attorneys. They will win and CPS will settle before going to court. You don't have to have recorded phone calls, but they do help should they need them. I never had to send in mine, but I still have them just in case.

• Pa
      27th of Dec, 2008

I am so in if there is a class action suit - I cant take these people anymore. In one months time my payoff as gone up 1500.00 WHY !! I have been cussed at called names - told i was ### and Im drawing the line because they called my mother. My mother answered and told her that they need to speak with us but never said there names - my mom knew right away who it was told her that i didnt live there anymore to call my house number and to stop calling her and she hung up - Ms. Freeman decided to take it upon herself to harrase a 67 year old lady WELL WELL WELL - that was it she had the balls of steal to call my mother back cuss at her then hung up on her HOW PROFFESIONAL is that PLEASE. My dog has more manners. I have filed a complaint with FTC ... Im done with this company I so want them out of business- We should have our car paid off but seems we cant because they add charges for parting my hair in the wrong direction, oh wait maybe my socks dont match my shirt OO THATS ANOTHER 200.00 TO THERE LOAN i will find a class action lawsuit even if i have to throw my name out there a million times ...they need to pay for how they treat people and closing that company will stop them from doing it to others.. they wouldnt last a day where i work - if they talked like that on the phone they would be personally escorted out by the president - if you go to a dealer and they say CPS or CONSUMER PORTFOLIO run run as fast as you can and dont look back - save yourself.

• Na
      17th of Jun, 2009

My goodness! These people must be trianed by the same person! They called a freind of mine, who I was housesitting for, pretending to be a government agency. The caller said I had applied for assistance and used her as a reference. She knew that was not true, but called me anyway and gave me the number on the caller ID. It was Consumer Portfolio Services. I contacted legal services and I am waiting for an attorney to call me back. I also am going to research how to get a class action lawsuit filed. I found a website that explains how the process should be handled. It is

another one is:

http://www.chiff.com/legal/class-action-lawsuits.htm. We have to do something to have these people be accountable for their actions.