Conn's Appliance / horrible customer service

1 Fort Worth, TX, United States
Phone: 817-367-2871

I bought a livingroom suit from the Cherry Lane location August of 2008. When we bought it I told the sales person manager that I did not want Ashley brand furniture since we had a bad experience with it in the past. The suit I pick out was supposed to be a Lane product but after looking at my contract it Staed Ashley's. I called the manager, Van Woods and he assured me it was a Lane product. When it arrived sure enoght it was an Ashley living room suit. I called Van and he said since he had mistakenly assured me that it was Lane he would give us a 5 yr extended warranty on it AT NO CHARGE. I kept waiting to get something in the mail but nothing ever came. So I went into the store and Van no longer worked at this location. The new manager said that nothing was noted on my account and I said "would he have had to get it approved from corporate" he said no, it would be noted on my account at the store. Well an employee told me that Van was working at the Hulen store and so I called him and he said the did remember the situtation and would look into it and call me back. That was over a month ago. I just want the warranty because this suit is already showing wear.

If this situtation was not enough, to make a long story short, I have made over 15 calls to the corporate office regarding a 100.00 payment made back in January with a check that was made out to Macy's by mistake. The store took the check and it cleared my bank on January 28th. I have faxed this check 4 times and finally today a nice young man (the first person with a brain I have talked to) acknowledged that there were two reports made to have my check refunded to me. But a supervisor named Clint Walton could not even help me. He said he would call me back and then was transferred to another department. This company has the WORST customer service I have ever dealt with. We have in the last two years spent almost 7, 000.00. I refuse to deal with these people again.