Conns Appliance / terrible experience

Conns makes it easy to get credit, but if you miss a payment they start calling, harassing, threatening. They break the law when they call you. I don't know how the employees sleep at night. They are rude, nasty and ugly. They make you not want to pay them at all. Someone needs to look into the collection practices of this company.

I owe them right now and thought I will pay them, let them put it on my credit, I am sending the credit reporting agencies a letter detailing their crookedness.

Conns does not value their customers at all.

Va

Comments

• Te
      8th of Sep, 2009

I had almost the same experience with Conn's . I've had my account since 2007 and never missed a payment or paid late. In August of 2009 I had my third heart attack and had to go some very expensive medications. I called Conn's before my payment due date to let them know I would make a double payment the following month because I had unexpected medical expenses this month. They started calling me every day, sometimes 2 and 3 times a day and I really needed my rest after that heart attack. Each time I told them I would be in Sept 1 with a double payment but they still called all day everyday. I was so stressed out that I had to be rushed back to the hospital and then when I returned home, they called again and someone in collections threatened to come to my home and take my wheelchair if I didn't make a payment that day and that particular day I was only 2 weeks late on my August payment. When I pay this account off, I will never deal with Conn's and I will tell everyone I know not to deal with them either. I was gonna buy a new TV from them, but now, I'm gonna go to Walmart.