Conexis / cancellation of health insurance for no reason

Conexis is a 3rd party Cobra Administrator. I send them almost $1400 per month. For a reason unknown my health insurance was cancelled by Horizon Blue Cross of NJ. Conexis claimed that they informed HBCof NJ that I made the payment and there was a snafu at HBC of NJ. Of course wen I called HBC they tole me that I had to go through Conexis to request reinstatement. I found out about the cancellation almost 3 weeks after it happened when I was turned down for a prescription for my daughter. Neither HBC or Conexis bothered to let me know there was an issue. Conexis did cash my check to cover that month and I had just received the bill for the following month. I looked back 6 months and the timing of the bills being paid. Conexis was cashing the checks always within the same time frame month after month. This last payment was no different. The Conexis call center directed me back to HBC. When I got tired of being a ping pong ball I insisted in speaking to a supervisor. Of course I would get the supervisor's voice mail. HBC was no different.
Their call center kept transferring me to departments that couldn't help me. I kept asking for Large Group Enrollment at HBC and honest to God they transferred me to a Walmart Pharmacy in Little Falls NJ. On 3 occasions Conexis said that they would send an "URGENT REQUEST" to HBC for reinstatement. Each time Conexis said that it would take 24-48 hours. After the 3rd time I called the executive offices of Conexis and at this writing they assured me that I would be covered retroactively by HBC by the end of the day. I took names and phone numbers. My experience tells me that give the call center one chance to help. If that doesn't work call the executive offices at [protected]. Be polite but firm.

Comments

• Mi
      27th of May, 2010

I called the corporate office too, thanks! For help call Conexis V.P. Dee Dee at 214-596-7791 She figured out my 'problem' in one day. Do NOT waste your time with the customer service numbers.

• Fa
      13th of Aug, 2010

I have had the same 5 month ping pong silliness with Conexis. Its not been 5 months and they've only recently admitted that they made a mistake in telling me where to send my reimbursements and now are retroactively reimbursing me after the term as ended on my FSA. I also still have other receipts that I'd held on to over this time, until someone could clarify for me where I was supposed to be sending them. I am looking for the best route to take to file an effective complaint against the company.