Having problems with Conexis?

Conexis Customer Service Contacts

4609 Regent Blvd. Irving, TX 75038
Irving, Texas

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Conexis Customer Service. Initial Conexis complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Conexis above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Conexis. Discuss the issues you have had with Conexis and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Conexiscobra insurance

I paid my Cobra after leaving my job. It took Conexis 60 days to notify my insurance company of coverage. When I cancelled I never have received my refund. It's been over 4 months. Every time you call you get someone that can barely speak English and you can't understand what they are saying. No one can give you information. I waited 45 minutes on the phone to speak with a supervisor. Horrible Horrible company!!!

Conexis — customer service

This is the worst company EVER. I am on disability and submitted my FULL payment last month only to find out...

Conexiscobra service very very poor and possibly fraudulent

I promptly paid my cobra and weeks later blue cross has no record of being contacted by conexis. I spoke to 3 conexis phone support people, not one offered an expediting process for me to use although blue cross did
    The main think conexis did was dodge accountability, provide excuses and refuse to check what was going wrong. I'm very dissatisfied with their customer service and got incomplete and misleading information from several. I cannot recommend them and they do not live up to the standards one would expect for a group managing life care insurance. My wife had to put off a breast cancer operation twice because of their poor service. Conexis was not even willing to pick up the phone and talk to blue cross even though it was a life threatening need and with insurance paid for through them.

Conexiscobra

As of december 16, 2016 I have not received any plan information for 2017. I don't know the coverage nor the cost for 2017. I have spoken with conexis customer service and they cannot tell me. The customer service reps during my phone calls are not providing adequate help. I have also submitted three support requests they are quickly closed without resolution. There is no call back. Just empty promises.

I can only assume the cost must be the same from january 1, 2017 on-wards and the coverage is the same as I have paid for now.

However - I believe I have been overpaying for 6 months.in two of my calls with conexis, two different customer service reps have stated that the coverage I am paying for is for me, my wife and my 26 year old daughter.
      I have verified with united healthcare and my daughter was dropped on my termination date per the instructions I had made to my former employer. I can only dream of receiving a refund. But - I will take them to small claims court if not resolved in due time.

Just wait and see.

Conexiscobra coverage

I have COBRA coverage through a former employer. I pay CONEXIS $515.49/month. I have a grace period. So each month, I make sure that the payment reaches before the first of the following month, which is the grace period. i.e. for November, I just paid last week, and will be postmarked before December1, so my coverage should be intact, unless by December 2, they do not have a postmark payment of Dec1. Anyway, they purposely made my insurance inactive as of November 11, but their policy and letter I have from them states that if they don't receive the premium by the grace period, they will cancel. This company is being deceitful and doing fraudulent practices. I was just diagnosed with some health issues; they need to be fined. I am going to write a complaint to AG of Texas also.

Conexis — cobra insurance

Conexis has been collecting money for COBRA payment yet I have no coverage from Aetna for this month of...

Conexisconexis made a billing mistake that resulted in my loss of kaiser health care coverage

Conexis made a billing mistake that resulted in my loss of Kaiser health care coverage. It took several months and much persistent inquiry for them to realize they had made a mistake, and then several more months before they could figure out how to fix it. Ultimately, their “fix” was to send me a bill for the months that had been lost (totaling $3877.86) due to the slow pace of resolution. Although the lost coverage could never be provided, I was asked to pay full price for what was essentially an administrative hack. By requesting payment for a service that was never provided, Conexis stands to underhandedly profit from the mandate to remain on health care coverage from the Affordable Health Care for America Act of 2010.

In a call with Conexis, I was told my account was cancelled for lack of payment. I had records of payments that were provided to me by my father to indicate otherwise. Conexis had no way of providing me with a record of all the historical payments that had been made to cross reference this other than to mail me a print-out generated by their internal systems.
          Viewing the printed copy of the historical records that they mailed to me a few weeks later, it seemed that their own internal records indicated that payment had indeed been made. So, I called up the company again and waited to speak to a representative. After explaining the situation and noticing the discrepancy between what information the person was reading on the screen and the information presented in the billing summary I had been sent, they agreed to forward this to an account manager for review.

I called the company several times for a resolution. It was also dawning on me that a company is usually not this slow to resolve a problem when their own dime is at stake. In the final conversation I had with a Conexis representative during this time period, I asked what the probable resolution to this situation would be. She remarked that the account manager would be deciding whether they would allow me to pay them for the previous months or not in order to reinstate my health care. They referred to this as “bringing my account current”. An offering from Conexis to cover the cost stemming from their mistake was a topic that was carefully avoided by the representative.

Sure enough, I received a call on May 19th, 2016 from “Jerry” offering me the chance to “bring my account current”. In the coup de grâce, they offered me an ultimatum: either I pay this sum by June 13th or they would revoke permanently my case.

Conexis — cobra

I've been trying to get through since March 1, 2016 because the wageworks site will not allow me to log in...

Conexis — billing

April 2014 removed my son from coverage. Instead of removing him from my account, Conexis created another...

Conexispaid in full — delays and noncoverage

Conexis is the provider (Actually payment processor is the better term) for my cobra. I was told that all I had to do was sign up and there wouldn't be an issue with my coverage following my end date from my previous employer. My last day of employment was october 9, 2015. When I received the paperwork for cobra (October 25th), I immediately signed up. Interestingly enough, no obvious way to do this online with the paperwork. I was then told that no coverage until the payment was received. I didn't even receive an invoice until november 10 or 11 and mailed payment. I was then told that it took 3-5 days for conexis to process this (Once they confirmed the receipt in the mail), plus another 7-10 days for the insurer to process it. It is now december 11. I never did get coverage for any medical until late november. Although conexis has cashed over 4k+ of premiums, I still don't have prescription coverage with conexis simply stating that its not their problem. Cigna, medco and express state its not their problem either. Conexis/insurers hide behind the fact that they are just the processor and the coverage will be retroactive. How can coverage be retroactive when you are refused treatment until you are shown to have insurance? This is definitely a sham. I want a portion of my premiums to be returned since service was not provided. Where do I file a formal complaint?

Cisco / Conexiscustomer service

I have been trying to get a reimbursement form for med flex benefits and cannot get into my personal benefits account which is managed by CONEXIS. When I wrote to them with a description of my problem, they sent me an encrypted message using the Cisco Registered Envelope Service. This has been impossible to crack despite three emails to them describing how it fails to open, the last one being "windows blocked this file because we cannot verify the sender." I finally got a phone number, went through a long and stupid phone tree to reach an honest-to-goodness live person who sent me the needed file as a PDF in about 3 seconds. Up until now, it has been a ridiculous and time-consuming process and I would rate their customer service as a 2 out of 10.

• Wa
                  wazntme Dec 28, 2017

Not sure why an email response to me re a student loan question should be so ridiculously difficult to access (I didn't put a bomb in ya know) - still don't know what it says and probably never will. Guess I'll resort to phoning (as above) to get the hell away from all this automated, robotic and unhelpful bull. Hire people! People need jobs - robots don't. But the bottom line (money) reigns supreme. Much ado about nothing - and nothing much gets accomplished - yet again...

ConexisFraudulent activities

If your company ever decides to use Conexis for your medical Flexible Spending account, run !!! Do not use them. They are the most fraudulent company out there. They will make you spend hours and hours justifying every dime that you use the benefits card for, to the point where people give up on their FSA account and walk away leaving this company to receive their hard earned cash at the end of the year. They are 100% crooks !!! I used their card at places like TLC pediatrics, grocery store pharmacy's, my Doctor ( East Valley Family Medical) and every time, they would deny the charge telling me that I had to go get an itemized receipt and fax it to them. That meant running back to the doctors offices or the pharmacy or whereever and getting a receipt (or digging through my receipts to find what they wanted. It was ridiculous. My HR dept had so many complaints about this crooked company that they dropped them after only one year and as a parting gift they denied my last two transaction from the end of the year that were to companies that do nothing but perform bloodwork. Really???? I am so disgusted that I will never use a FSA account for anybody ever again.

Conexisworst customer support

I am scared. For 30 days, I have been active from my 2 insurance compnaies (Aetna & Medco) BUT, I have been rejected for prescription pickup as the pharmacy said I was not covered. I would contact Aetna and Medco only for them to tell me I am covered but that cobra (conexis) has to ensure they have the information correct. Of course Conexis would say everything is find employee + Spouse.
                  I came to fruition today that again in the last 25 days I have been unable to pick up prescriptions as I am not covered. Here was the kicker from MEDCO (Phamarcy insurance), ONLY MY SPOUSE was identified by conexis Not me.
                  I again (10 times in less than 29 days) contacted conexis to ask them to correct their books. THey took my phone number and said I could expect a telephone call once its fixed.
                  1. I am not holding my breath for the telephone call I KNOW I will need to call them
                  2. Just imagine, if this private NON-GOVERNMENT controlled entity is so -F'd up can you even imagine what Obamacare will be like.

THAT SCARES ME!

Conexiscancallation of cobra

I have been paying Conexis for Cobra since June 2010, my payments were always paid a month early. Aug 6th I receved a letter dated 8/1/11 that my cobra would be exhausted as of 9/30/2011. 8/16/11 I received a letter that my insurance has been cancelled for non payment. Knowing I always paid in advance I called my bank to learn that all of my checks had been cashed and received timely. I was told by Conexis that my Federal Subsidy had expired and that my premium had increased. Instaead of notifying me that the premium had increased and my last two payments were shorr they cashed the checks and back dated my cancellation to 6/30/11. On 8/15/11 I had surgery and my ins company approved the surgery so now I have no medical ins to cover any of my medical bills.

• Sh
                        shelly codner Sep 02, 2011

Anyone with complaints regarding Conexis please go online to the Federal Trade Commission and file a complaint so that they can investigate the pattern of "unfair business practices" by Conexis. The Federal Trade Commission is there to protect you and I the consumer from companies like Conexis.

Conexiscancelled cobra

I quit my job in the end of November 2010. I received the COBRA information and signed up for insurance on Feb 12th. I did this on the last day allowed but had to do it through their online system because study were snowed in and no one was at work. The system took my payment and the following week, I received an insurance card. I went to the dentist office to find out that I did not have coverage. Apparently, my past employer had open enrollment and I did not sign up. Open enrollment deadline was January 17th.

My frustration steams from this company accepting my payment when my option was already terminated a month before they accepted my payment. When I asked why they took a payment, they said because the federal law states they have to offer for 60 days and that payment was for December. I asked why would I pay in February for the month of December when I had NO work done?

I advised them that their techniques were unethical and they seemed like a bunch of con men! When I initially called I asked the agent to speak to a supervisor and she placed me on hold. When she came back she stated all supervisors were busy and she would take a message. I told her I didn't mind waiting. She placed me on hold and the supervisor picked up right away. (So much for being BUSY).

He also would not give me direct information to their compliance department. I told them they have to have some type of responsibility of accepting payment and giving false hopes knowing I wasn't eligible. He said no and that they sent an open enrollment package. I did not know that I had to enroll since I no longer worked for that company and I didn't have any changes???? But again nothing popped up on their website about open enrollment OR advising that I was not eligible. Even after i signed up to send an email, letter, OR phone call to do so after I signed up????

The supervisor stated that he will ask the account manager if they will extend the opportunity to sign up open enrollment. I'm still waiting...wont keep my fingers crossed.

Conexiscorrection of error

My coverage for COBRA terminated as of 1/31/2011. I paid $320.45 for the premium due 1/1/2011 thru 1/31/2011. They had no problem accepting my money. I received statements from my insurance carrier that my Janujary 2011 medical expenses were not covered due to "no coverage". I called the medical carrier and they stgated CONEXIS advised them my coverage terminated 1/21/2010. I called CONEXIS on 2/4/2011 and spoke with Tim. He advised he would make correction. I'm disabled and was advised I would need a Certificate of Credible Insurance from my insurance carrier to apply for new health insurance. I called the carrier on 2/7 and was advised correction from CONEXIS never received. I have tried calling CONEXIS everydone since 2/7/2011 but the message indicates unable to take call due to bad weather then hangs up. The bad weather was over a week ago. I have also sent 3 emails requesting this correction with no reply.
                        I only have 63 days from date of termination to get this certificate.

VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. I have already placed a formal complaint with the Texas Department of Insurance, but this may take up to 6 weeks and this will jepordize my ability to apply and receive new insurance. It's a shame their customers always have to suffer for their poor service.

Conexisconexis pulling a fast one

I am in the last month of the federal COBRA coverage being managed by Conexis. They have arbitrarily changed my premium rate based on information provided in error by my former employer, who has recognized the error and has tried to change the mistake. Instead, Conexis is charging my former employee an extra $500 and trying to state that I owe $300 from September 2010 which they acknowledged they didn't bill me for. Now, two days before Christmas, they are demanding by "word of mouth" and "email" that I pay this extra $300 without an explanation for the change. They have floated a couple of random numbers without explanation. If I don't pay, they will cancel the remaining 10 days I have left, thereby threatening the Cal-Cobra I am now eligible for.

I thought Conexis was indulging in unfair business practices when this first uneasy relationship began in August/September of 2009. They informed me I had no coverage going back at least 45 days and demanded I pay 2-3 months "back premiums" to show that I had had continuous coverage without actually having the benefits available. They said that they didn't benefit anything, that was just the way the system worked. Now, they are utilizing strong arm tactics at the last minute demanding I pay an extra $300, without question or adequate notice, or they will cut off my benefits and threaten my continuing benefits with Cal-Cobra.

Where is California's insurance commissioner and why isn't he investigating Conexis for unfair business practices against California's struggling unemployed?

Don't shoot the messenger... Dec 30, 2010

First of all, a thid party administrator (TPA) like CONEXIS can only work with the premium information provide by your former employer. You stated that the gave CONEXIS the wrong information, right? How is your former employer attempting to correct this with CONEXIS? Once they correct it with the TPA, there should be no issue. Sounds like your former employer may be giving you the run around??? If not, have them call CONEXIS with youto straighten it out.
                              Secondly, COBRA continuation coverage is just that, a continuation or continuous with no gaps in coverage. The time period from when you lose coverage with your former employer until you elect COBRA does usually result in inactive coverage, but as soon as you elect to continue your coverage it will retro back to the day you lost it. You do need to pay for your coverage during this time even though it may have been inactive. So again, once you pay your coverage is active with no gaps. You maynot have been able to use it at the time, but if you had any eligible out of pocket expenses duringthat time you can submit the claims to your insurance carrier for reimbursement.
                              Based on this, it sounds like CONEXIS is being compliant with COBRA law and doing what they are contracted to do... be the Third Party Administrator for you COBRA.

Hope this helped. Here is a link to Department of Labor publication regarding COBRA. You should be able to find many answers in there.

Conexisterrible customer service

these people are HORRIBLE. I submitted a claim which they first told me was approved and would be paid out in 1 to 3 days. Then they send me a rejection letter telling me the claim was submitted twice. Which I ONLY faxed once, they then tell me that they are looking into it and are NOT sure why the money is not releasing everything looked fine and it was approved. Claim was submitted on 6/22 on JULY 2Nd they finally say your money will be paid out but the reason it took so long was becasue it was set up incorrectly from my employer!!! THIS IS THE FIRST CLAIM I EVER SUBMITTED TO THIS COMPANY AND FIRST TIME I EVER USED a Flexible Spendin Account. I can't wait for my year to be over so I don't EVER have to deal with them again.

Conexishorrible service

As far as I can tell, this company has no customer service whatever. I set up an ACH transfer to pay my daughter's COBRA premium. There was some issue with the transfer, but Conexis never contacted me until I received a cancellation notice! I have been able to get a little traction with them through the insurance agent, but absolutely no response whatever to phone calls, emails, and letters. Shocking, disgusting behavior by a "service" company.

• Em
                                  emmacat Sep 14, 2010

I am the employer for the group. When my daughter turned 25, she was no longer a covered dependent of mine, so she had to be covered via COBRA. I did get it straightened out eventually, but only after "pulling strings". Now she has a job, so the whole thing is moot.
                                  Employers need to pay attention to this sort of thing. It is never easy to lay off people, even if you think they have been poor performers. You certainly don't want ex employees to think you are an uncaring SOB who never gives them another thought once they leave. Morality aside, something like bungled health coverage after leaving the job can cause the employee to brood over real or imagined injustices, wrongful termination, and so on. I would be horrified if anyone who worked for me was treated the way I was.
                                  And thank you for your interesting, clear, comments. I am sure they will be helpful to anyone reading this thread.

Don't shoot the messenger... Sep 13, 2010

I completely agree that CONEXIS should give notice in a timely manner if a payment doesn't go through. If for no other reason than it's just good customer service to do so. I know in some cases it wouldn't be possible to let you know in time to fix the situation... factors like how close the attempted payment was to the grace period deadline or when the banks notified them of the failed transaction can play a huge role.

You stated that you contacted CONEXIS as her employer??? If you are in fact her former employer, the one who holds a contract with CONEXIS to administrate her COBRA benefits, it shouldn't be a problem to get her account reinstated. You should be able to handle it internally with your account manager. Your contract with them should state exactly what notifications should have been sent to her in this situation and you can find out exactly what CONEXIS is contracted to send. Each contract is different.
                                  Each employer chooses what notices CONEXIS will send out and which responsibilities the employer chooses to keep. Third party administrators can only do what they are conracted to.

If she needs to submit an appeal requesting her coverage be reinstated, keep in mind that a failed ACH is in most cases not a reason for the appeal to be approved...unless it is their fault that the payment didn't go through.

If the first appeal is denied she will need to submit a second level appeal. This is sent to the former employer for consideration. The bottom line is that the former employer has the ultimate decision in the matter.

Good Luck! :)

• Em
                                  emmacat Sep 12, 2010

Good observations; and it is nice to see people on a boar like this who care about each party getting a fair shake.
                                  I am not sure if the ACH error was mine or theirs. But what bugs me is that they never said anything was amiss until it was too late. Last time I looked, this was a service business, and providing health benefits was supposed to be perceived by employees as a benefit. Perhaps Conexis did all they were required to do. But that kind of hiding behind "procedure" is what I expect of government, not a firm which is supposed to be in the benefits administration business.
                                  Neither my daughter nor I could get any help from them. You are correct about HIPAA, and my daughter contacted them on her own account. I contacted them as the employer. Only the intervention of the insurance agent and a friend o hers from within Conexis gave any satisfaction.
                                  Blue Cross runs a good business, and should not be associated with such a clueless and careless subcontractor.

Don't shoot the messenger... Sep 11, 2010

I guess I don't understand how this situation would be a poor reflection on CONEXIS... Was it their fault that your ACH didn't go through or was it an issue on your end? If they didn't receive your daughter's payment by the deadline, unfortunately the account can be cancelled without the possibility of reinstatement.

As far as not responding to your correspondence, was it from you or your daughter? I only ask this because if you are not listed on or HIPAA authorized to access her account, they are not legally allowed to speak with you regarding any aspect of her account. If the correspondece was from your daughter, that's another story...

Conexiscancel cobra without cause

My husband was layed off in 12/08 and his COBRA benefits were assigned to CONEXIS as the administrator. We have had problems from the very beginning. They overcharged us for the premiums and threatened to cancel if we didn't pay the additional charges, forcing us to comply when they were wrong. My husband qualifies for HCTC through the IRS, we pay IRS 20% of our premium and the IRS pays 80%. The online account information summary indicates no payments but the billing/payment info for each month has a payment posted, however, we received a letter in May cancelling our insurance for non payment and the effective date was January 2010. Customer service is terrible, the representatives are rude and do not have a clue of what to do. They say it is turned over to an account manager but when you try to speak to that person, they won't let you. I don't see how they stay in business. Companies need to do some research before they contract with CONEXIS to administer their accounts. If someone is sueing them, please contact me, we want to do the same

• Mi
                                    misssusan484 May 27, 2010

For help call Conexis V.P. Dee Dee at [protected] She figured out my 'problem' in one day. Do NOT waste your time with the customer service numbers.