Con Edisonno show for a scheduled meter reading appointment

We received a notice in the mail that con Edison needs to inspect our indoor meter on Monday, May 8, 2017. They must gain acces to our indoor meter or they will continue to charge us additional $25 monthly. My husband and I took the day off to be home on that day. Since the note did not specify any time frame, we stayed home waiting. I made a total of 4 phone calls throughout the day to Con Edison but no one could verify the time somebody will show up. I was repeatedly told to wait. Around 3:45 pm the last person I spoke with tried contacting a department who's supposed to reach out to the field but did not get any response (she said "unavailable"). She also told me I should hung up and still wait for the inspector, by then, around 3:55pm. Someone should have tried reaching out to the field sooner. On one of my earlier phone calls; I made an appointment for next Saturday in case they didn't show up today but that would be another waste of time! This is extremely frustrating! Infuriating! A whole day wasted! Con Edison must at least compensate my day and explain to me what happened!

Of