[Resolved] Complete Savings / Complete Savecomplete savings

I bought a train ticket online and was offered a discount on my next train ticket booking, which I agreed to.

What I did not know was that although I didn't give my bank details to Complete Savings, by agreeing they were able to take it from the train ticket website.

They then signed me up to a 30-day free trial which then started taking £15 a month from my bank account. I had no idea I had signed up.

This is a scam which uses underhand tactics to trick you into signing up and then charges you.

• Resolution statement

• CompleteSaveUK.'s Response, Nov 21, 2018

Hello Jake,

The only way to become a member is to enter your details in full on the Complete Savings sign-up page. The details required are: your name, your email address (twice), your postal address, and your credit or debit card details for the monthly billing. It is mentioned in several places on the sign-up page that following 30 days free membership, there is a monthly fee - hence why you are required to provide your credit/debit card details on the sign-up page. To complete your sign-up, you must click a "Yes" button to agree to the terms and conditions of the programme. There is no other way of creating a membership but to provide your details in full and click the "YES" button on the sign-up page.

Our records show that you contacted our customer service centre today at which time your membership was cancelled as you requested.

We hope your interaction with our customer service centre and this message resolves your concern. If you need further assistance, please contact me at [protected]@completesavings.co.uk.

Kind regards,