Compass Bank / nsf fees / bad customer service
I have had a checking account with Compass Bank in Arizona for 6 years. I am here to tell everyone DO NOT OPEN AN ACCOUNT WITH COMPASS. A couple months ago I ordered a replacement debit card for my husband. Instead, Compass canceled my debit card and reported it as stolen. It took 4 visits in person to the branch office on 7th St and Union Hills. Hours on the phone with bank card customer service. 2 weeks later I finally got my card replaced. But not before being stranded 70 miles from home with no cash and no access to my checking account. I did not get so much as an apology.
Recently they charged me $1200 in nsf fees. It started out as an overdraft of a few dollars and by the time they were done it was a huge mess. Again tried to use their customer service. Again no satisfaction.
Compass has some of the highest banking fees in the country. They also make a habit of delaying posting deposits but put the debits through immediately. Then hit you with numerous fees and before you have a chance to make an additional deposit (because you get the notice 10 days later from Birmingham Alabama) you have fees on top of fees. I am trying to close my account now. They are charging me $7 per day and all that is left on it are the last nsf fees I am refusing to pay. There are plenty of banks out there looking for your business. Leave Compass as fast as you can.
More Compass Bank Complaints & Reviews
- BBVA Compass Bank - frozen account 
- BBVA Compass Bank - non-sufficient funds charges 
- Compass Bank - holding deposits to generate nsf fees 
- BBVA Compass Bank - excessive nsf fee 
- Compass Bank - Vehicle Loan - crooked business! 
- BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank - account permanently frozen after lost check was reported
- BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank - branch manager, and employees at northport alabama branch
- BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank - closed account for no reason and holding on to the funds
- BBVA - credit card services
- BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank - service bbva compass poor and rude customer service