ComEd / utility bill

1 Chicago, IL, United States Review updated:

I have lived at 701 W. Belmont Ave Appt. 1E for o9ver a year. I wrongly assumed my landlord paid utilities.in all that time I never received a bill. My utilities were shut off. I since have received a bill from them for over $1800. Also was told in order to set up payments would haveto pay $160. I paid it but by not calling them after, now I would have to pay $466 to make payments. They told me there was an $140 charge to make payments so I said I would think about it.in the meantime, I am receiving enormous bills. I am gone most of the time and they are saying my small 1 bedroom apt generated $300 in utilities. Outrageous! Especially when I was gone 2 weekends. I have a disclosure sheet from them from my landlord that states my utilities should be $900 A YEAR! They said they would send someone out to check the meter but I know they will say nothing is wrong. Please help me. I cannot pay this!

Ke
May 15, 2015

Comments

• Me
      28th of Feb, 2012
    ComED - overcharge
    cook
    13928 s grace
    robbins
    Illinois
    Phone: 7083745751

i can understand high bills in the summer but in the winter i went from paying a bill of 1, 600 to 2, 354 now how can i pay that i only get 668 monthly what kind of help out here for low income people

• Ot
      16th of Sep, 2014
    ComED - Deposit charge?
    Com ed
    richton

I looked at my bill and noticed a deposit charge of 71.66? What the ---- for. I have not moved. What is this I want my money back. Is this a class action law suit in the making?

• Jd
      30th of Oct, 2014

I'm wanting to link up with anyone interested in beginning a class action lawsuit against ComEd for the deposit scam they are running.

• Jd
      30th of Oct, 2014

I'm looking for people interesting in starting a class action lawsuit against ComEd for the deposit scam they are running.