ComEd / utility bill
I have lived at 701 W. Belmont Ave Appt. 1E for o9ver a year. I wrongly assumed my landlord paid utilities.in all that time I never received a bill. My utilities were shut off. I since have received a bill from them for over $1800. Also was told in order to set up payments would haveto pay $160. I paid it but by not calling them after, now I would have to pay $466 to make payments. They told me there was an $140 charge to make payments so I said I would think about it.in the meantime, I am receiving enormous bills. I am gone most of the time and they are saying my small 1 bedroom apt generated $300 in utilities. Outrageous! Especially when I was gone 2 weekends. I have a disclosure sheet from them from my landlord that states my utilities should be $900 A YEAR! They said they would send someone out to check the meter but I know they will say nothing is wrong. Please help me. I cannot pay this!
More ComEd Complaints & Reviews
- ComEd - [redacted] 
- ComEd - deposit request 
- ComEd - deposit 
- ComEd - deposit, delayed billing and overbilling
- ComEd - disconnection of service 
- ComEd - loss of power 
- ComEd - retrocharging due to previous estimates using highest reading 
- ComEd - a com ed customer service agent
- ComEd - having no electricity for 2 days.
- ComEd - over billing delay in charging for service & outragous charges