ComEd / overcharges

1 Chicago, IL, United States Review updated:

I am completely dumbstruck. Last month ComEd quadrupled (this is an exact, not an estimation) my electricity bill. Never in the last year and a half of service have I ever had to deal with such a problem.

Last month the company failed to physically read my reader, so whichever bimbo was in charge of tending to my estimation, they must have assumed that I had overindulged on the the light usage. I am one person, who is home four hours a day, and that time is used for sleeping, not flicking the lights on and off in Morris-Code into the wee hours of the morning to the building across the street, nor are they used as strobe lights to hold chic raves for the trendy youth.

Frustrated, I called and tried to get ahold of someone to assist me in their error, and adjust the ballooned charge. Much to my dismay, I couldn't get out of their automated system to speak with anything other than a cocky voice recording. After trying to submit my meter reading for this month (a choice I was not made aware of until this atrocity had already bitten a portion of my earnings) through the ComEd webpage, I discovered that they would not allow me to submit my accurate reading because it fell WELL below their estimate from last month.

If I had a pair, ComEd would be yanking me by them. However, I sit here, trying to figure out what my options are to protest and avoid another inflated bill. Any advice?

Comments

16th of Mar, 2012

Please contact to enroll in clean energy with lower rates. thank you! Angela Phillips at angelphill22@yahoo.com