Comcast / Xfinity / unethical behavior

1 United States

I signed up for a free/trial month of internet with comcast. I already had att, but comcast had a higher speed for a similar rate . So I thought no harm in trying, if I like the service I was considering switching. I was assured multiple times that the month was free, and that I can stop the service anytime during the month. Long story short I cancelled the service before the month was over, and then the nightmare started. The following month I received a bill, I called them and I was told that everything is settled. The following month I received another bill, with accruing payment from previous month. I called them again and I was told that everything was resolved. The next month I received another bill, by this point the bill was up to $400 for a service I didn't use. I've never been so angry with a company in my entire life. I've spent hours upon hours on the phone dealing with them. I called again I complained and I was assured that this time everything was resolved. I was skeptical, but in the fourth month, to my surprise there was no comcast bill in the mail. I thought I put this unpleasant business behind me. My naivete was short lived. This month, six months from the "free" trial, I received a collection notice for $400 from some company called afni on behalf of comcast. I'm an engineer with excellent credit score, and I always pay all my bills on time. But I'd rather let my credit score shatter to a million pieces than pay a single cent on this phony bill. Stay away from comcast, they are the worst company ever.

Vc