Comcast / Xfinity

Posted: Jun 2, 2017 by

unethical behavior

I signed up for a free/trial month of internet with comcast. I already had att, but comcast had a higher speed for a similar rate . So I thought no harm in trying, if I like the service I was considering switching. I was assured multiple times that the month was free, and that I can stop the service anytime during the month. Long story short I cancelled the service before the month was over, and then the nightmare started. The following month I received a bill, I called them and I was told that everything is settled. The following month I received another bill, with accruing payment from previous month. I called them again and I was told that everything was resolved. The next month I received another bill, by this point the bill was up to $400 for a service I didn't use. I've never been so angry with a company in my entire life. I've spent hours upon hours on the phone dealing with them. I called again I complained and I was assured that this time everything was resolved. I was skeptical, but in the fourth month, to my surprise there was no comcast bill in the mail. I thought I put this unpleasant business behind me. My naivete was short lived. This month, six months from the "free" trial, I received a collection notice for $400 from some company called afni on behalf of comcast. I'm an engineer with excellent credit score, and I always pay all my bills on time. But I'd rather let my credit score shatter to a million pieces than pay a single cent on this phony bill. Stay away from comcast, they are the worst company ever.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Telecommunications

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree