Comcast / Xfinity / unethical behavior
I signed up for a free/trial month of internet with comcast. I already had att, but comcast had a higher speed for a similar rate . So I thought no harm in trying, if I like the service I was considering switching. I was assured multiple times that the month was free, and that I can stop the service anytime during the month. Long story short I cancelled the service before the month was over, and then the nightmare started. The following month I received a bill, I called them and I was told that everything is settled. The following month I received another bill, with accruing payment from previous month. I called them again and I was told that everything was resolved. The next month I received another bill, by this point the bill was up to $400 for a service I didn't use. I've never been so angry with a company in my entire life. I've spent hours upon hours on the phone dealing with them. I called again I complained and I was assured that this time everything was resolved. I was skeptical, but in the fourth month, to my surprise there was no comcast bill in the mail. I thought I put this unpleasant business behind me. My naivete was short lived. This month, six months from the "free" trial, I received a collection notice for $400 from some company called afni on behalf of comcast. I'm an engineer with excellent credit score, and I always pay all my bills on time. But I'd rather let my credit score shatter to a million pieces than pay a single cent on this phony bill. Stay away from comcast, they are the worst company ever.
More Comcast / Xfinity Complaints & Reviews
- Comcast & Credit Protection Association - comcast did not inform credit protection association that payment is made 
- Comcast Cable Tv - there making me pay $800 to move there box out of my yard 
- Comcast / Broadband National - big rebate scam! 
- Comcast Cable - unauthorized charges (pay per view) 
- Comcast Digital Voice - paying $3.00 rent on their phone modem! 
- Comcast / Xfinity - service installation 
- Comcast / Xfinity - renewal of service after two year contract.
- Xfinity On Demand - the continuous pop-up of kelly clarkson while I attempt to browse for something worth watching
- Comcast / Xfinity - tv cable service 
- Comcast / Xfinity - reckless driver