Comcast Xfinity / billing more than told
My mother, which I help out at times since she’s 87 years old, has had Infinity for a few years with TV, phone and Internet. Her modem started having trouble so I took it in to Infinity to exchange. The person at the counter claimed she could save money each month by switching to a new bundle, adding security. I told the lady several times that we didn’t need security but she said it’d be worth it so she could lower the total monthly bill from $192 to $153. There would only be an installation fee of $16.50 for 6 months. Sounded good and my mother had the package changed, thinking now her bill would be around $170 a month for six months and then down to $153 a month. Her first bill came and it is $314.17. That’s way higher! She didn’t cancel the security system before 30 days because she’d no idea her bill would be higher than they originally told her in the Infinity office. Now they want $1000 + to cancel the security system that she didn’t need or want in the first place, plus she has installation fees and a higher monthly bill than before! They definitely tricked her into something she doesn’t need. She has never used the security and never will. So we’ll end up paying $1000 plus for absolutely nothing. Comcast was very dishonest on this matter. Sounds like elder abuse to me. I’ve called several times to Comcast plus gone to their office several times and I get various excuses and a refusal to budge, just saying we signed and are stuck with it. The installer told her she could cancel within 30 days with no penalty, but of course the first bill, charging way more than they originally told her, didn’t come tell after 30 days so we didn’t know we should cancel before the bill came. They clearly are taking advantage of an 87 year old that trusted what they said.
More Comcast Xfinity Complaints & Reviews
- Comcast & Credit Protection Association - comcast did not inform credit protection association that payment is made 
- Comcast Cable Tv - there making me pay $800 to move there box out of my yard 
- Comcast / Broadband National - big rebate scam! 
- Comcast Cable - unauthorized charges (pay per view) 
- Comcast Digital Voice - paying $3.00 rent on their phone modem! 
- Comcast / Xfinity - renewal of service after two year contract.
- Xfinity On Demand - the continuous pop-up of kelly clarkson while I attempt to browse for something worth watching
- Comcast / Xfinity - tv cable service 
- Comcast / Xfinity - reckless driver 
- Comcast / Xfinity - overcharged and service disconnected