Comcast - Offerwire Modem / Router / rebate scam

Chicago, IL, United States Review updated:

The first week of January 2012 I ordered Comcast internet installation, and without even knowing it a company called Offerwire sold me a modem ($80) and router ($50), saying I would receive a full rebate on the equipment once I receive two billing statements from Comcast. I completed all their paperwork--cutting out the original labels from the box, copying the bills, and other petty proofs to mail in. It's not until March 15 and 22 that I receive two separate e-mails stating that I should click on a link to see the status of my rebate. The earlier e-mail link said I'd receive a $50 Visa debit card "within 4-6 weeks" (that's FOUR MONTHS after ordering the equipment), and the second e-mail link stated that the rebate (for the more expensive equipment) was denied because the proper S/N label was not enclosed, which was not true. Both Comcast and Offerwire companies collaborate to squeeze as much out of their customers as possible -- after the first six months' promotion period with Comcast, I'm canceling to find a company that's not too big for its britches.

Comments

• Mb
      12th of Jun, 2012

Hello,

I am sorry you are having problems with your order, I work for Bridgevine/Offerwire and may be able help resolve any issues you might have. Please email me your order number and any other information that you may have regarding this order.

Mike Bass
    Mike.[protected]@bridgevine.com

5th of Sep, 2013

I too have been waiting since April for our refund on the equipment. When we called to check the status the rep told us they were backed up and it would take another 2-3weeks! This is ridiculous and you can bet I will be telling everyone I know not to go with comcast and the company selling this equipment!