Comcast / comcast erroneous returned check fee:

1 Manassas, VA, United States Review updated:

Erroneous returned check fee:

I paid my bills I had been last two years via Comcast’s online service with electronic payment. Comcast ended up charging me $30 returned check fee. I have over-draft protection that would cover any funds request without returning. Moreover, my bank confirmed that there had not been any transaction from Comcast and no fund request was ever returned back to Comcast.

When asked Comcast to provide me a written proof of this transaction, Comcast refused the prove the return check and demanded that I provide them a bank statement indicating that the funds were available on that day.

Of course, I do not feel comfortable providing Comcast my personal financial information. But, they refuse to provide me a proof of return check for some reason.
My bank indicated that they have these types of issues with Comcast with other customers as well.
I filed BBB complaint recently, but not sure what else to do.
COMCAST is acting like a BANDIT. Consumers have no protections from these types of service providers.

Mi

Comments

• C
      13th of Aug, 2008

That happened to me too! I have overdraft protection too and the bank never even had my e-payment attempted to be taken from my account and Comcast charged me with the $30 returned check fee in addition to a $5 late fee. They asked for financial information from my bank, and I don't feel comfortable sending people that either, so my bank is going to write a letter stating there was enough money in my account at the time of the "attempted transaction". Hopefully this will be enough... Plus, if I don't pay it soon they're going to disconnect my cable. From now on I'm going to use my bank's e-draft system. And when this promotional period is over with I'm switching to someone else.