Comcast & Credit Protection Association / comcast & credit protection association

United States Review updated:
I recently checked my credit report and much to my surprise, I have an unpaid $85.00 bill from Comcast listed under collection by Credit Protection Association. I never received a bill, nor did I receive a collection notice. I contacted Comcast and they couldn't find the information. I contacted Credit Protection Association by email and they never responded. I tried contacting them by phone, but could not reach anyone without an account number, which I never received. I disputed the information on my credit report and it came back that they were still trying to collect from me. Had I known I had a bill in the first place I would've paid it. Here I am 6 months later, trying to resolve this and neither company wants my money or is willing to help me pay the debt. It's ridiculous. Unknown to me, Comcast billed me, then sent it to a collection agency. Now the collection agency is unwilling to collect. And over $85.00 I have a negative mark on my credit!!!

N  30th of Nov, 2008 by
I was tired of being ripped off by comcast, so I decided to go with a satellite network. For two months I tried calling Comcast telling them to disconnect me because I no longer wanted their so called service. Every time I called the local office I would get a recording that they were busy taking care of valued customers and to call back later. I did not have the time to take off work and go in person to the office to tell them I did not want to be their customer. Finally after two months and a letter to Comcast main headquarters I was disconnected. I was billed for two months of service that they refused to disconnect me. The next thing I know I get notice from Credit Protection Agency that I owe $118.00. Now I am bombarded by comcast wanting to offer me great deals because I am a valued customer.
My message to comcast is GET REAL I will do without before I become your valued customer.

Comcast / Xfinity Logo Comcast / Xfinity