Comcast Communications / refund

United States, Florida, No Port
No Port
Terminated my agreement with Comcast on May 12th and turned in all my equipment. On May the 18th Comcast hit my auto account for advance payment of $181.57. I was promised a refund within 4 weeks. Later was questioned about a modem which they already had received. Received a messsage 3 weeks ago with apology stating a refund check would go in the mail immediately. Following week a rep at Comcast told me he would contact someone in the accounting dept. and get me a check in the mail right away. The 3rd week beyond their 4 week deadline I spoke with a supervisor in the Sarasota office who assured me he would get me a check by contacting Atlanta speeding up the process and call me back. I never did receive a callback from him. Now today I'm told that a check was sent out June 25th but had to be cancelled because I never received it. Today I was told they would re-issue a check and I would have it in two weeks. I've been 8 weeks already on a 4 week refund which shouldn't have been deducted from my account in the first place. If the check arrives in two weeks as promised and I have my doubts it will I will have been at the least 10 weeks waiting on a refund check. Counter clerk where I turned in the equipment told me that if I stopped payment Comcast would fine me $50.00 so maybe I can get a $50.00 fine placed on Comcast for their late payment.

Comcast / Xfinity Logo Comcast / Xfinity