Comcast Cable / fraudulent free offers for triple play customers
In june 2008, comcast cable offered a free hdtv for new customers who sign up for their triple play service. We switched over to cable (From satellite) to take advantage of the offer. We were told we would receive our tv in three months. We have been calling since september, and we have been given one run around after another. One rep told us that we have to wait 6 months, another told us they could not find us in the system we chose to wait until december (6 months) and have called comcast, in the past week, we have spend several hours on the phone and in person (Avenel offices) and keep getting run arounds. They either tell us we are in the system or they are not aware of such offer. On 12/30, I called for the last time, in which I was put on hold for over one hour!!! We spoke to a rep in sales, called stacy in which she tells us that she reviewed the terms of our service and says the reason why we did not get the tv is because the offer is for new customers who sign up for a one year contract, and we were signed up for a two year contract. We asked to speak to a supervisor in which we spoke to herbert. Herbert then states that the real reason we did not get the tv was because they have records of a couple of late payments on our account. We have just signed up for new service with comcast's comptetitor, verizon and our comcast 'service' will be cancelled shortly. We feel we have been swindled into this and dont want any other customer falling for their bogus offers.In addition to their questionable sales and advertising tactics, their customer service was deplorable and their rep, especially herbert, was insulting to us. Comcast would rather lose us as customers than to own up to their end of the bargain.
More Comcast Cable Complaints & Reviews
- Comcast & Credit Protection Association - comcast did not inform credit protection association that payment is made 
- Comcast Cable Tv - there making me pay $800 to move there box out of my yard 
- Comcast / Broadband National - big rebate scam! 
- Comcast Cable - unauthorized charges (pay per view) 
- Comcast Digital Voice - paying $3.00 rent on their phone modem! 
- Comcast / Xfinity - service installation 
- Comcast / Xfinity - renewal of service after two year contract.
- Xfinity On Demand - the continuous pop-up of kelly clarkson while I attempt to browse for something worth watching
- Comcast / Xfinity - tv cable service 
- Comcast / Xfinity - reckless driver