Comcast Cable / fraud and cheating
I signed up for the triple play from CommunistCast last year because I can't get Directv HD in my area because of some trees I can't cut down. So it's been a good 8 months with the service and I do a lot on the internet because I work as an IT guy so I'm pretty aware of my speeds on a constant basis.
About two weeks ago I notice a noticeable speed difference in the way I connected to my work and decided to do a speed test and noticed I'm about 5-7mbs which is great since I was on the 8mb plan, however, I ran the same test when I first got my setup and it was about 2-3mbs. Which even that was great because I know you usually never see the speeds they advertise. The strange part came about a week ago I get a letter in the mail from comcast. Here is the contents:
'Dear Valued Comcast Customer' (Mind you my name/address/acct is no where on this letter it is a standard bulk letter)
A recent review of our records indicates that you are receiving Blast!® High-Speed Internet Service, but are not being charged for the incremental speed. Effective with your next billing statement, this error will be corrected and your monthly price will increase $10.00 to reflect the incremental price of the Blast!® service. Your account WILL NOT be charged for the time that you had this service and were not being charged.
We value you as a customer and we look forward to providing you with the best entertainment and communication services. If you have any questions about this billing correction or any of our services or prices, please call 1-800-COMCAST.
Thank you for being a loyal customer.
More Comcast Cable Complaints & Reviews
- Comcast & Credit Protection Association - comcast did not inform credit protection association that payment is made 
- Comcast Cable Tv - there making me pay $800 to move there box out of my yard 
- Comcast / Broadband National - big rebate scam! 
- Comcast Cable - unauthorized charges (pay per view) 
- Comcast Digital Voice - paying $3.00 rent on their phone modem! 
- Comcast / Xfinity - double billing
- Comcast / Xfinity - internet essentials program
- Comcast / Xfinity - free prepaid visa card is a scam (bait and switch).
- Comcast / Xfinity - xfinity service driver
- Comcast / Xfinity - technician