Comcast / phone/internet never works and they won't fix it

In the last 3-4 months, my phone and internet service are completely unreliable. They are down as often as they work and despite numerous calls, I can't get it fixed or my money refunded.

They will send a technician who inevitably tells me he's the wrong technician & when I call them back, they try to tell me that it's fixed.

Now, I'm done trying to get it fixed, I just want a refund for that time period (which they convinced me to wait to request until it was fixed). They won't give me a refund, because in spite of the fact that I was calling regularly, they believe that it must have been working on the days I didn't call or I would've called. When I explained that some days, I'm not home or don't have time to spend hours with them on the phone, they responded that I can't get a refund for days that it may have worked when I wasn't here to check it. I try to point out the irrationality of that to no avail.

The worst thing is, they are doing the same thing to everyone in the neighborhood, so we are all paying for services we aren't receiving and they are refusing to refund our money.

Va

Comments

• Er
      29th of Sep, 2008

Since no details are posted and the call is very much about how taken advantage he and his neighbors are it seems more smoke here. The error in wrong tech may have been that not everyone that does trouble calls is trained in Comcast CDV-CHSI. These are handled in high priority anytime Phone service is interupted or unusable. Cable-HSI-Phone complaints are credited in the time frames of reported to repaired if customers put an equal priority in being there when service is scheduled and being communicative with issued till repaired. It seems there was not outage but posible issues with house wiring and posible signal strength that could be corrected. Again the complaint does not address the events or can be the opinion of the neighborhood. I hope this has been made better and seems like the person spends a great anount of time at work and like me not daily focused on these issues. I also wonder if he would concider the techs and the many jobs they also try to professionaly finish before dark. If you have problems find someone to work them while you can not be there. I know it is a sore spot coming home to rest and finding with the weekend ahead service problems with fewer to respond on your schedule. I am sorry and hope you can cooperate and have patience till this can be repaired and working well for you. I am sure you will be treated with respect and hope you get any lost value resolved.