Comcast / totally unacceptable and really poor business on behalf of comcast

I recently had a Comcast sales representative knock at my door offering me service. I signed up with him to replace my current satellite service, Internet service & Phone service. In other words I was willing to convert totally to Comcast. He filled out the necessary paper work and set an instalation date of a week later. One week later, I took the morning off work to meet the Comcast installer which showed up to do the install. After a short time he tells me that they need to do a "Pre-Bury" and wrote these words on the work order and had me initial it. He told me that in about a week Comcast would come out and do the cable pre-bury from the street to my house and told me there would be no charge to me for this.

Well, this brings me to why I am writing this. Today, I receive a phone call from a Comcast employee saying that it will cost me $3, 500 dollars to do what the installer told me would be no-charge. I was floored to say the least. Here I am prepared to give Comcast three accounts for services that will be taken away from Comcast competition and I'm told it will cost me $3, 500 dollars.

In my opinion, Comcast soliciting me, to cancel my current services and go with Comcast, which I signed up for and then be told that there would be absolutely no charge to hook me up and then come back and tell me I will need to pay Comcast $3, 500 dollars is totally unacceptable and really poor business on behalf of Comcast. I guess Comcast must be dioing very well in this economy to first, sing me up (Remember, Comcast came to me) and then decide unless I pay $3, 500 dollars, that Comcast doesn't really need or want my commitment to monthly service.

Comcast should be ashamed!

Ji

Comments

• Ai
      15th of Feb, 2010

I guess there is no cable going from the street to your house, that's why they will need to charge you... Can't really expect Comcast to make your house cable-ready.

8th of Mar, 2010

Until there are more houses in your area and depending on demand. When wiring is already at the pole by your house then you won't have to worry about the $3500 at all. Its to cover the cost from the HEAD-END in your area since you are the only one requesting it. If they are going to charge you $60 ( or depending on promo ) for cable for you alone, how long do you think it will take to make up the cost to foot the bill for Time, Man Power, Labor and materials for just you alone? They get that estimate by determining distance and materials, etc.. Closer you are the less the cost.

It costs $1000's ( or over $10000 ) for the company to do it in an area. Unless there is a popular demand from many of your surrounding neighbors, that is when it will cost you $0