Comcast / totally unacceptable and really poor business on behalf of comcast
I recently had a Comcast sales representative knock at my door offering me service. I signed up with him to replace my current satellite service, Internet service & Phone service. In other words I was willing to convert totally to Comcast. He filled out the necessary paper work and set an instalation date of a week later. One week later, I took the morning off work to meet the Comcast installer which showed up to do the install. After a short time he tells me that they need to do a "Pre-Bury" and wrote these words on the work order and had me initial it. He told me that in about a week Comcast would come out and do the cable pre-bury from the street to my house and told me there would be no charge to me for this.
Well, this brings me to why I am writing this. Today, I receive a phone call from a Comcast employee saying that it will cost me $3, 500 dollars to do what the installer told me would be no-charge. I was floored to say the least. Here I am prepared to give Comcast three accounts for services that will be taken away from Comcast competition and I'm told it will cost me $3, 500 dollars.
In my opinion, Comcast soliciting me, to cancel my current services and go with Comcast, which I signed up for and then be told that there would be absolutely no charge to hook me up and then come back and tell me I will need to pay Comcast $3, 500 dollars is totally unacceptable and really poor business on behalf of Comcast. I guess Comcast must be dioing very well in this economy to first, sing me up (Remember, Comcast came to me) and then decide unless I pay $3, 500 dollars, that Comcast doesn't really need or want my commitment to monthly service.
Comcast should be ashamed!
More Comcast Complaints & Reviews
- Comcast & Credit Protection Association - comcast did not inform credit protection association that payment is made 
- Comcast Cable Tv - there making me pay $800 to move there box out of my yard 
- Comcast / Broadband National - big rebate scam! 
- Comcast Cable - unauthorized charges (pay per view) 
- Comcast Digital Voice - paying $3.00 rent on their phone modem! 
- Comcast / Xfinity - xfinity service driver
- Comcast / Xfinity - technician
- Comcast / Xfinity - internet alarm system cable services
- Comcast / Xfinity - voice
- Xfinity - internet, tv & phone "best deal of the year!"