Comcast / can't buy own box
Well I bought their digital cable and internet since they have a special promotion but when it comes to getting a cable box for my tv, the only option that I have is to rent their box. So if I rent their box the whole time I have service with them, I'm loosing money. Other companies like Yahoo DSL or what are they now, AT&T, sells their boxes or I can just grab one from Best Buys or Fry's as an option but not Comcast. They don't sell cable box and if I buy a cable box from ebay, they told me that it doesn't work either cause the serial number that I have is not on their list. This is not fair to consumers. They're already a monopoly as it already and we are stuck with no options whatsoever. Well another option is to get a cable discrambler but that's illegal so basically Comcast wants the consumers to cheat in order to get service. I'm thinking that I'm not the only one who has this dilemma. Please help. Thank you.
More Comcast Complaints & Reviews
- Comcast & Credit Protection Association - comcast did not inform credit protection association that payment is made 
- Comcast Cable Tv - there making me pay $800 to move there box out of my yard 
- Comcast / Broadband National - big rebate scam! 
- Comcast Cable - unauthorized charges (pay per view) 
- Comcast Digital Voice - paying $3.00 rent on their phone modem! 
- Comcast / Xfinity - 1st time customer who ordered self help kit
- Comcast / Xfinity - double billing
- Comcast / Xfinity - internet essentials program
- Comcast / Xfinity - free prepaid visa card is a scam (bait and switch).
- Comcast / Xfinity - xfinity service driver