Comcast / can't buy own box

Well I bought their digital cable and internet since they have a special promotion but when it comes to getting a cable box for my tv, the only option that I have is to rent their box. So if I rent their box the whole time I have service with them, I'm loosing money. Other companies like Yahoo DSL or what are they now, AT&T, sells their boxes or I can just grab one from Best Buys or Fry's as an option but not Comcast. They don't sell cable box and if I buy a cable box from ebay, they told me that it doesn't work either cause the serial number that I have is not on their list. This is not fair to consumers. They're already a monopoly as it already and we are stuck with no options whatsoever. Well another option is to get a cable discrambler but that's illegal so basically Comcast wants the consumers to cheat in order to get service. I'm thinking that I'm not the only one who has this dilemma. Please help. Thank you.

Concern Citizen.

Comments

• Kr
      30th of Dec, 2007
    Comcast - No one answers the phone cfc!
    APS
    1150 collier road
    Atlanta
    Georgia

No one will answer the phone!!! I have a simple question about my service. I am going to switch to the dish!! Ditch the box!!

• Te
      16th of Oct, 2014
    Comcast - reporting negative on my credit report
    Comcast
    Fresno

I am filing a complaint against Comcast Report Neg. On cridIT repoRt terry Chamblin 559 283 2569