Combined Insurance Company Of America / Not paying claim for surgery

1 CA, United States

Filed a claim with Combined Insurance for my hip replacement surgery. I was diagnosed at the age of 4 with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis. I had my first joint replaced in 2006. They paid for my surgery time as well as the time i was disabled for. I then had both my knees replaced in 2007 and they again paid the claim like they were suppose to. I am now 23 and have had my other hip replaced. They are now refusing to pay my claim. They have lied to me on every occasion, have told me that they have sent letters to my doctors for more information then i find out they never sent anything, etc... All i want is my claim to be handled fairly and correctly. They are not telling me that since I will never recover from Arthritis that they cant pay my claim. If i remember correctly, my claim was for my hip replacement surgery not for having arthritis!? I can and will recover from my hip being replaced and should be paid for the time i am disabled. I have paid into this policy since i was 4 years old and this is the treament i get? I really want to and need to file a lawsuit against them as well as a complaint with the DOI.